4-6 large mushrooms or 1 cup small mushrooms, halved
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh basil, reserve some for topping
½ cup almond meal
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line oven tray with parchment paper.
2. In a fry-pan over medium heat, sauté onion until soft and brown, adding in garlic, chopped walnuts, and fresh basil.
3. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl mix together almond meal, nutritional yeast, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Line mushrooms on baking tray and stuff with the basil and walnut mixture.
6. Top with almond crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown."
All the best Jan