250 g ricotta cheese
170 g xylitol, powdered (or any other sweetener of your choice which is equivalent of 170g of sugar)
Zest from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g almond flakes
1. Preheat oven to 160 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5.
3. Using electric mixer beat egg yolks with xylitol, add ricotta, vanilla extract, lemon zest and ground almond and briefly mix to combine the mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into ricotta mixture to loosen and then fold in the rest.
5. Spread the mixture in the tin, sprinkle the almond flakes on the top and bake for about 50 minutes.
6. Cool it down and refrigerate it overnight. Dust with powdered xylitol before serving.