Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Haddock with Roasted Summer Vegetables





I do enjoy visiting the fishmonger counter at my local supermarket, the people there are always so friendly and helpful. I'm finding more and more that a fish dish, like this recipe suggestion, can be enjoyed any day of the week ...

Ingredients:
Serves Four
4 tbsp olive oil
2 aubergines, chopped
2 courgettes, sliced into thick discs
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 yellow peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled but lightly crushed with the back of a knife
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
salt and pepper
bunch chives, chopped
4 x 200g haddock fillets
small handful basil leaves, shredded
juice of ½ lemon


Method:
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
2. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and place in a large roasting tin. Season and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar if using. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Sprinkle with the chives and set aside.
3. Place the haddock fillets on a baking sheet, season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast in the oven for 7-10 minutes until just cooked through and flaking easily.
4. Serve the haddock with the roasted vegetables, sprinkled with basil leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Each serving:
Carbohydrate 12.1g Protein 43.1g Fibre 7.5g Fat 13.6g


Original idea from here


Herbs are those wonderful fragrant plants whose leaves,
and sometimes stalks, are used in cooking to add flavour to dishes.
Read more
here

All the best Jan

12 comments:

Tom said...

...sure looks good to me!

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks very good. Fish is always one of my fave foods. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

This looks so healthy and delicious!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like a great fish meal. I love haddock. Enjoy your day!

Gloria Baker said...

Look delicious I love this recipe !

Debbie said...

the fish looks so good...and those herbs, beautiful!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love roasting them! What a great recipe!

Martha said...

Very delicious and healthy. In my younger years I wasn't a big fan of fish but as I've gotten older, I really enjoy it.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A beautiful dish - I can almost taste it! It's been a long time since I've seen haddock here, but I'm sure that halibut would make a good substitute. The balsamic vinegar is a wonderful ingredient. Wishing you a nice weekend.

Lisabella Russo said...

The veggies look so delicious! Thank you.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much Jan!

riitta k said...

Your photos are so skilful, the dishes always so delicious!