Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 March 2017

Pork Shoulder Chops with Green Beans and Avocado Mix : LCHF


If you are looking for a quick, easy, tasty LCHF meal then look no further! Take some juicy chipotle-marinated pork shoulder chops and serve with green beans mixed with avocado and some homemade garlic butter, and there you have your low-carb dinner made. Quick and easy! This recipe suggestion is from Anne Aobadia at Diet Doctor site (link below). To serve four this is what you will need:

Ingredients:
Serves Four
8g carb per serving

Pork shoulder chops
2 tablespoons mild chipotle paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
4 pork shoulder chops


Garlic butter

4¼ oz. / 120 g butter, at room temperature
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika powder

Green beans and avocado

2 tablespoons olive oil
2⁄3 lb / 300 g fresh green beans
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 avocados
6 scallions (spring onion)
fresh cilantro (optional)
pepper to taste

If you have the opportunity, and convenience, of grilling the meat in the oven it takes care of itself. However, you can of course fry the chops in a frying pan or on the grill. Please see cooking instructions at Diet Doctor site
here

Did you know - Avocados




Avocados are full of healthy fats
Over 75% of the fat content in an avocado is great for your heart! In fact, having more of these healthy unsaturated fats is better for your heart than eating low fat!

They're nutrient dense
Avocados are packed with beneficial nutrients to enhance the nutrient quality of your meals.

Avocado boosts your eye health
Avocados contain 81mg of lutein & zeaxanthin, antioxidants known to support eye health as we age.

They have more potassium than a banana!
Bananas are known for their potassium content, but per 100g, the avocado fruit contains 485mg of potassium, that's 127mg more than bananas!

They're super versatile
Known for guacamole, dips, and other savory dishes, yet avocados are appearing more and more in sweet dishes too. Think chocolate mousse, ganache, smoothies and ice cream!

You can make ice cream with avocado!
A brilliant, dairy-free, vegan alternative to store-bought ice cream varieties, simply blend 1/2 an avocado and a squeeze of lime juice with 2 tbsp of maple syrup and 1 cup of your milk of choice. Pour into ice block molds and freeze.

Read more about Avocados here


We bring a variety of recipe ideas to this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

19 comments:

JFM said...

My mouth is watering with this yummy idea!!!

Big Hugs, Jan 💝

Jenn Jilks said...

How lovely! I usually just throw the chops in, with potatoes and peppers, sprinkle with an all-purpose spicey thing, and leave it!

Conniecrafter said...

Love this marinade idea for the pork chops, I think my hubby would love a change from the same old way I make mine :)
Hope your having a good week :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering after seeing this! Hugs, Valerie

Jo said...

That looks lovely. There's so many things you can do with pork, it's very versatile.

William Kendall said...

Pork chops are always welcome.

Tom said...

...pork, the other white meat.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we are having pork chops today for dinner. This recipe looks delicious, I love avocado too. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my. Those green beans sound luscious. Have a great one, Jan.

Margaret D said...

Look good.
Do not like Avocado

Linda said...

This looks delicious and wholesome, Jan, and I love avocado, asparagus and pork chops! :)

happyone said...

I love pork chops they look good but I'm not a fan of avocados.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

You had me at homemade garlic butter, yum xx

Launna said...

I love port and green beans are yummy... I'm not sure of avocados... I really need to try them a different way, I know how great they are for you xox

roughterrain crane said...

I love green beans, too. And tofu is one of my favorites. Have a nice weekend.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my post.

The Happy Whisk said...

Swap the meat for my homemade sprouted spelt toast and I'm there.

Lisabella Russo said...

I'd never thought to mix green beans with avocado! It looks delicious.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thankyou for the excellent recipe and thank you for the information about avocados!! Big Hugs!

Lisa said...

Avocado ice cream, that is something I must give a go.
I bought some frozen ones to use in smoothies, they make them very smooth indeed.
Lisa x