Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Happy Birthday / Celebration Cake : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions

Birthdays are special occasions and to be celebrated, but if you are diabetic, it's not a good idea to eat a slice of cake that has a high carb/sugar content, because it will no doubt cause your blood sugar levels to spike … best avoided if possible! So what to do? 
Well, there are some very nice lower carb birthday/celebration cake recipes around, which will not spike blood sugar levels so much. They are also nice for those who may just want to watch their weight, or cut down on the sugar!
Here I share just three of them. If you have a birthday, or celebration, coming up soon, why not give one of these recipe suggestions a try!



Chocolate with Peanut Buttercream
recipe details can be found here


Watermelon Cake, using coconut whipped cream
recipe details can be found here


Vanilla Birthday Cake, it's Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free
recipe details can be found here 

Hope you may enjoy one of these suggestions soon.

A variety of recipe ideas are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

24 comments:

Jo said...

I have a big birthday coming up very soon and I'd be more than happy with any of these three cakes.

Elephant's Child said...

The watermelon cake sounds particularly good.

RO said...

Wow! These look fantastic and tasty! Hugs...RO

Tom said...

...
Watermelon Cake looks great.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for the recipes. I always feel a little sorry for myself on my birthday because I can't eat sugar at all. A few times I have made a cheesecake which works well with no sugar. Enjoy your day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the cakes all look delicious. I was happy with my blood work recently, no signs of diabetes. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Christine said...

They all sure look good! Birthdays demand cakes.

William Kendall said...

The third one would suit me.

Mary Kirkland said...

Those cakes look great. I'm diabetic and it's rare that I eat cake these days unless I make it myself and make sure it's low carb and sugar.

Dewena said...

These all are pretty! And I printed out the recipe for whipped cream from coconut milk to try for my husband who has to eat dairy free except for goat dairy products.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, they all look sooooo good. Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much Jan! My birthday is in September! Big Hugs!

Out on the prairie said...

A friend just got back from a party and his sugar was 240. Got to watch eating along with those sweets

DMS said...

I have a dear friend whose birthday is coming up in September. Going to share these with his wife- as he is under the impression he can't have cake. I explained to him that there are recipes for cakes with much lower sugar but he doesn't think they can taste good. I told him that a lot of times they even taste better than the cakes loaded up with sugar. :)

Thanks for sharing!
~Jess

Martha said...

They all look so delicious!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want a slice of that chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and bing cherries. That looks like heaven on earth, Jan.

Sami said...

Will be looking into these recipes Jan as I will have to bake my husband's birthday cake in 2 weeks time (he's the diabetic).
Thanks

sandy said...

this looks SO good.

Pam said...

Oh wow....those look YUMMY.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh ~ all 3 look delicious! Good idea!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Will definitely be looking at the vanilla cake recipe Jan, looks incroyable!

Snowbird said...

Oh....how delicious they all look!xxx

Bob Bushell said...

Don't do it, they are so good to eat, yummy.

Teresa said...

Muy buenas. Un beso.