Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2018

Waffles with Blueberry Butter : Keto / Low Carb


If you are looking for a low carb recipe alternative, so you can enjoy waffles, you may like to give this one a try! "These fluffy keto/low carb waffles come with a satisfying crisp crust and a scoop of creamy blueberry butter. Gluten-free by nature and making it dairy-free* is not a problem either."

Ingredients:
Four Servings
3g carb per serving
5 oz. (150g) melted butter
8 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp (10g) baking powder
1⁄3 cup (40g) coconut flour
Blueberry Butter:
3 oz. (75g) butter

1 oz. (30g) fresh blueberries
Tip:
No time to whip up blueberry butter? Then why not serve the waffles with butter and cinnamon? 
Dairy-free: 
Go dairy-free* and replace butter with coconut oil in the batter.
Instructions: 
Can be found here




Blueberries, in the popular press, blueberries have reached superstar status in terms of their unique health benefits, and with flavours that range from mildly sweet (cultivated) to tart and tangy (wild), blueberries are nutritional stars bursting with nutrition and flavour while being very low in calories. Fresh berries are very fragile and should be washed briefly and carefully and then gently patted dry if they are not organic. Wash berries just prior to use to not prematurely remove the protective bloom that resides on the skin's surface. If you know the source of either wild or organic berries try not to wash them at all. 

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

22 comments:

Tom said...

...a good way to enjoy waffles.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, these look soooooo good. Hugs, Valerie

wisps of words said...

Yes, blueberries are wonderful. :-)))

Elephant's Child said...

I have never warmed to waffles...
The blueberry butter sounds good though.

Anonymous said...

this is an excellent idea,, I do not like syrup!!!! This is perfect for me!!

Catarina said...

I love waffles.
: )

Bob Bushell said...

Strange, but, I will have try it, with the blueberries.

Lorrie said...

I wonder how this would work - might try it tomorrow for breakfast. There might be a little syrup, as well.

Christine said...

These look really delicious!

Jo said...

Yum. A real treat.

Jason Raymond said...

Omg. These look so good! I'm dying to try it on the go.
However, I read that some of "Healthy Foods" you're eating every day are making your fat cells sick, and making it imsopossible to lose weight.
What do you think about it? http://bit.ly/FBKGAT

Martha said...

What a great way to enjoy waffles. And such a simple recipe, too!

Pam said...

Love blueberry waffles or bagels for that matter....oh wait, I love blueberry muffins too! haha...I love pancakes a tad better than waffles but thanks to my by pass surgery (gut) I don't enjoy either as much since I love syurp and it just sets me off with way too much sugar!

DMS said...

I love blueberries. This sounds like a tasty treat. Glad the waffles taste satisfying. :)
~Jess

Sue said...

These look delicious Jan, I love blueberries xx

happyone said...

Oh yes, they look good. Love blueberry pancakes or any pancakes for that matter.

sandy said...

I love waffles - ...blueberry butter...never heard of it and would never have thought of it - sounds good though.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you Jan!!!! Big Hugs!

Dianna said...

Thanks for the recipe, Jan. I want to give these a try and I have the coconut flour on hand already. We always have blueberries in the freezer and the butter really is a drawing factor for me.

Stephanie said...

Another wonderful recipe, my friend. I love the idea of using blueberry butter. YUM!

Hugs to you!

William Kendall said...

Tasty!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Thanks, Jan, for posting this recipe. I've been wanting to experiment with something keto, and maybe it will be waffles!