Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Avocado Stuffed with Crab and Paprika Mayonnaise : LCHF


We love avocado's, perhaps it's the buttery, creamy texture and mild, nutty flavour? Whatever it is avocado with salty crab meat is a wonderful combination, and makes for a quick, easy and delicious meal...
Perhaps I've just sorted lunch for you?

Ingredients:
Serves Two
3 tbsp (low-fat) mayonnaise
1 lemon, quartered
¼ tsp smoked paprika
1⁄2 clove garlic, mashed
2 ripe avocados
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
100g (3 1⁄2oz) white crab meat

2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped

Method:
1. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with 1 tsp of lemon juice, the paprika and garlic. Season, mix and set aside.
2. Halve the avocados and use a hot metal spoon to slip it out of its skin. Alternatively, you can leave it in the skin and spoon out the flesh while eating it. Squeeze two lemon quarters over the avocado to stop the flesh turning brown.
3. Put two avocado halves on each plate, then fill each avocado with tomatoes and crab and top with the mayonnaise. Sprinkle with chives and serve with the remaining lemon wedges.

Nutritional Details Per Serving:
Carbohydrate 4.6g Protein 13.2g Fat 45g
Taken From:
Recipe idea here




Paprika is the ground bright red powder from sweet and hot dried peppers. It is much milder than cayenne pepper with a characteristic sweetness, and it is a favourite ingredient in European cookery. Hungarian or Spanish, hot or sweet, smoked or un-smoked, these clay-red powders all bring a distinct flavour to the dishes they are added to.

Please note - you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Tom said...

...a cool summer treat.

Sami said...

Love avocados too, and this is so easy to make.
Thanks Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Oh my! This is one to try for sure. Two of my all time favourite food are crab and avocado, and this amalgam sounds wonderful. I am salivating already. If only the two main ingredients were as cheap as turnips!

Christine said...

Oh yummy!

Amy Purdy said...

I love crab stuffed avocados.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Avocados are the best.. look forward to trying this one Jan ✨

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great, but I am not a fan of crab. Hugs, Valerie

Teresa said...

Me encanta. Saludos.

Out on the prairie said...

Sounds wonderful, I like anything with paprika and add it to a lot of food.

John M said...

Sounds good. I always have it stuffed with bread crumbs but I'll give this recipe to my wife. She's the chef at our house, I'm the salad maker and cleanup man.

Jo said...

I don't like avocado or crab so not for me, but it looks very tasty for those who do.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have a chicken salad prepared and will add avocado to the top. Now I think I'll sprinkle paprika on it too! Thanks!

Dewena said...

Oh this looks delicious! A perfect August meal!

Elephant's Child said...

Avocado is such a versatile food. I love it, and almost always have some to hand.

Snowbird said...

I do love avocados. I have a plant growing from a stone I planted last year. Paprika is a fave of mine too.xxx

William Kendall said...

That I would have to pass on.

Anonymous said...

Yum yum yum !,,,

happyone said...

Avocado is just something I don't like. I've tried it many times.

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love avocados, but can't eat mayo. It makes me sick. I usually substitute ranch dressing for the mayo. I have two avocados in my fridge right now, so I think I'll try this one with my substitute of course.

Sue said...

Oh my son would love this, I'm not such a fan of avacado myself but it does look lovely x

RO said...

This looks so yummy. I really want to try this one! Hugs...RO

Debbie said...

i love me some avocado, and this sounds so good. i do have trouble picking them out at the store and often look for a kind soul to help me!!!!

Mary Kirkland said...

I've made crab stuffed avocado before and it's so good.

Bob Bushell said...

Really nice, yummy.

Stephanie said...

This looks delicious, my friend. I enjoy crab, but have never cooked it before. I would love to try this recipe.

Hugs to you!

Magic Love Crow said...

So good! Thank you for this Jan!!! Big Hugs!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummm deve de ser delicioso.
Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

carol l mckenna said...

Oh a delicious recipe ~ love avocado and crabmeat! thanks!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

Jenn Jilks said...

I love avocado!