Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Lamb Rump with Rosemary Cauliflower Mash ... lower carb dish


One of our sons favourite meals is lamb … and I'm sure he would eat this lovely dish almost every day of the week, if he could! Lamb can be expensive, and when shopping I do look for any special offers. So next time lamb rump is a good price - you can guess what I'm going to buy!

This recipe suggestion, from Madeleine Shaw, is for delicious lamb rump with a rosemary cauliflower mash -  a tasty lower carb dish. Lamb rump can make a juicy alternative to steak.

Ingredients:

Serves Two
2 lamb rumps
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp coconut oil or butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
For the cauliflower
1 cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 tbsp. dried rosemary 

Method: 
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Trim off any excess fat on the lamb and score the top with a sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the rosemary.
2. Heat a pan with the oil or butter and cook the lamb fat side down for four minutes, turning it over every minute until browned. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes then leave it to rest for five minutes.
3. To make the cauliflower mash, cook the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 7-10 minutes until it is cooked through, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and throw in the onion. Sauté for three minutes, then throw in the garlic, rosemary and a big pinch of salt. Cook for another 3 minutes then leave to cool slightly. Mash the onion mix with the cauliflower, scraping out all the spices and oil from the pan.

4. Serve the mash and lamb together with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of chilli flakes. 

Cauliflower - a low carbers friend - see more here 

You will find a variety of articles, studies etc. plus recent news/views and recipe ideas within this blog, we hope something for everyone to read and enjoy.

Please note, not all may be suitable for you.

If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

22 comments:

Tom said...

...looks good!

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious. I would like to try the Cauliflower Mash.

Enjoy your day!

Ygraine said...

I'm not a lover of lamb, but I have to admit, this does look and sound really delicious.
Perhaps I will give it a try...:))

Valerie-Jael said...

I love lamb and this sounds gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

Stephanie said...

Yes, please! Everything looks simply delicious.

Hugs to you, lovely Jan!

Jo said...

I love lamb but we don't have it all that often because the rest of the family aren't keen. I do enjoy a dash of mint sauce with it too.

Iris Flavia said...

Not such a fan of lamb (I guess), but I´ll try the Rosemary Cauliflower Mash :-)

Mary Kirkland said...

I've only had lamb one time, I might have to try it again.

Christine said...

This looks so good, I came right over!

Christine said...

Jan, I corrected your link on my blog today thanks for letting me know it wasn't working.



William Kendall said...

I do like both lamb and cauliflower.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks Christine … your bread in a mug did look good.
If any readers would like to have a look it's here
https://cmlk79.blogspot.com/2018/08/mug-bread.html

All the best Jan

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

The cauliflower mash sure is calling me, Jan. I've never cooked lamb, but the mash would be great with a roast beef. Thank you for you for the lovely low carb recipes! ♥

peppylady (Dora) said...

Rosemerry is a great seasoning.
Coffee is on

NCmountainwoman said...

We love lamb too. Especially the very pricey lamb chops. I haven't tried a rump but I certainly will now.

Elephant's Child said...

Lamb? Even before I gave up meat I wasn't a fan. Which I know puts me in the minority. Cauliflower mash on the other hand...

Lady Fi said...

The cauliflower mash sounds nice.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lamb is a favourite of ours, cauliflower too. So this recipe will be tried.

God bless.

Conniecrafter said...

You know I still haven't tried lamb but this looks really good.
Glad you were able to get the rain that you wanted. I agree that August is going by way too quickly, it will be fall before we know it.

Phil Slade said...

Lamb rump is as you say, very pricey but great flavours. I'm off to the butchers this morning to buy a piece of rolled shoulder. Four hours should about do it nicely. No cauliflower though. Roasties and leeks in a cheesy sauce I think?

carol l mckenna said...

Not a lamb fan but those who are would love this recipe!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of lamb, but this looks so good! Big Hugs!