Here are the ingredients you will need:
240 g ground almonds
250 g ricotta cheese
170 g xylitol, powdered (or any other sweetener of your choice which is equivalent of 170g of sugar)
Zest from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g almond flakes
Here is what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 160 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5.
2. Line a 20 cm loose bottom cake tin with baking paper
3. Using electric mixer beat egg yolks with xylitol, add ricotta, vanilla extract, lemon zest and ground almond and briefly mix to combine the mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into ricotta mixture to loosen and then fold in the rest.
5. Spread the mixture in the tin, sprinkle the almond flakes on the top and bake for about 50 minutes.
6. Cool it down and refrigerate it overnight. Dust with powdered xylitol before serving.
In case you'd like to know:
Whole Cake has 67g carbohydrate
One slice 1/12th of cake is 5.6g carbohydrate
If you should need help with weight/measurement conversion:
You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan