Total Pageviews

Friday 10 August 2018

It's Chicken Supreme !


Food does not have to be complicated …
Take this quick and simple recipe, from Matt Dawson, for cooking chicken breast and wing.
Did you know that Matt Dawson is a retired English rugby union player and won MasterChef in 2006 !

For two people here are the ingredients:
2 supreme of chicken
splash olive oil

Some tips and suggestions:
Supreme of chicken refers to a deboned breast with the wing bone and skin on

Method:
1. Season the supreme of chicken well on the skin side with salt and pepper.

2. Heat a little olive oil in an oven-proof pan and sear the chicken, skin side down until it appears golden brown and crisped. Turn the chicken over and sear on the flesh side until slightly golden. Put in an oven preheated to 175C/155C fan/gas 3 for 12 minutes or until cooked through. 
3. Serve, eat and enjoy with vegetables of your choice.

From an original idea here

Chicken has many plus points … its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it can be cooked make it one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium. Chicken certainly appears in my LCHF menu plans … do you feature chicken supreme (or other chicken recipes) in your menu plans?

Please note:
A variety of recipes/meal suggestions are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Tom said...

...chicken is a favorite!

Lee said...

These days I only prepare simple foods for myself. Gone are the days when I when the "whole hog" so to speak.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, my hubby always complains I want the chicken on the bbq way too long.
For me it must (!) be dry, fall apart, yum!
I love chicken breast! Oh, we need to go to the city to get some!

JFM said...

Looks delicious! Hubby and I love chicken!

Hugs 💮

Martha said...

What a nice recipe. And so simple!

Anonymous said...

I agree simple is always best! Yummo!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the chicken does look delicious! Simple is my motto.
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

seared pre-baked is something I do with my evil carbs...don't know why I never tried it with my chicken.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I've just been thinking I need to eat more chicken...Do you know Food Wishes? It is not low carb but your post reminded me of the Airline Chicken recipe I want to try https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2018/08/airline-chicken-breast-come-pan-fry.html.
I'm really lucky that a nearby organic farm has opened a shop for organic meat and fish and the quality is so good. It's connected with our nearby Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It's The Farmer's Rail run by Brunty Farms, if anyone is ever in northeast Ohio...

Linda said...

Since I am allergic to all mammal products, I eat almost exclusively chicken. I only like the breast, and I like it dry. I know, I am no fun.

wisps of words said...

Love chicken... Especially done in a crock pot, with a sauce.

We buy only free range chicken. I call them "Happy Chickens." Because they had a happy life, before they became our food.

Amy Purdy said...

I am not a huge fan of chicken but I end up cooking it a lot because my family loves it, it's inexpensive, and of course it's a healthy choice. I usually just take a few bites though lol

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea, I have chicken for tomorrow, perhaps I will try this. Hugs, Valerie

Jo said...

I don't think you can go wrong with chicken, this looks very appetising.

Dianna said...

Sounds delicious! I love how you bring us so many good things to try, Jan. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

We love chicken, always reasonably priced.

Tina

William Kendall said...

A good meal!

Elephant's Child said...

Simple is so often the best. Thank you for extending our range of recipes.

Sue said...

This looks lovely, where would we be without chicken! xx

Maria Rodrigues said...

Hum!hum! It must be delicious.
Have a happy weekend
Hugs
Maria
Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

Chris Lally said...

Like my mom cooked - simple, wholesome, delicious!

Debbie said...

this looks lovely and so easy. we eat mostly chicken and very little red meat these days!!

Phil Slade said...

So simple it's untrue. Why on earth do folk use KFC when this can be done? Beats me.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful simple chicken recipe ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Can't go wrong with chicken in the meal. Looks so delicious.

Teresa said...

Se ve muy bueno. Un beso.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love chicken!! Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!