Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Tuesday Trio : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (14)

This Tuesday Trio of recipe suggestions definitely has more of a vegetarian theme. 
Vegetable dishes and a carrot cake, read on and see if you'd like to try one, or all, of these ideas.


Red Roasted Carrots
Somehow the colour is just right for Autumn, and they are simply delicious. 
Ingredients
half teaspoon each of
cinnamon, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt
5 or 6 diagonally (oval) cut carrots
1TBS olive oil and 1tsp sesame oil.
More details
can be seen here


Cauliflower, Leek and Cheese Gratin
A recipe for a creamy side dish , cauliflower and leek gratin,
baked in a cheddar cheese sauce with thyme, it's a popular dish.
Ingredients
30g butter
30g plain flour
400ml whole milk
3 tbsp. double (heavy) cream
100g mature Cheddar, grated
1 leek, cut into chunks
Medium head of cauliflower, broken into equal-size florets
Few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
More details
can be seen here


Carrot Cake
A low carb carrot cake makes a fabulous treat with your morning tea or coffee, 
and also works well as a dessert.
Ingredients
3 cups grated carrot
5 eggs
1 cup Butter melted
3 tbsp Natvia (granulated)
1 ½ cups Almond meal/flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ cup Chopped walnuts
1 tsp Mixed spice
2 tsp Vanilla essence
½ cup Coconut (desiccated or thread)
More details
can be seen here

I hope you've enjoyed this Tuesday Trio, have you a favourite out of these three?

You can see more Tuesday Trio posts here
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion - see here

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

Tom said...

...the carrots look good.

Christine said...

Yummy carrot cake!

happyone said...

Those roasted carrots make my mouth water. Delicious.

Hootin Anni said...

Now, those roasted carrots makes me drool.

Practical Parsimony said...

carrot cake

Pam said...

I love roasted carrots and those sound so good. I love roasted veggies period.

Lorrie said...

I love vegetables- the roasted carrots and the cauliflower dish look scrumptious.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Your making my mouth water.
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

Elephant's Child said...

I prefer my carrots raw, though that spice mix sounds GOOD.
The cauliflower gratin is probably my favourite today. Thank you.

Margaret D said...

All looks good and now I'm getting hungry but I'll wait till dinner time which is not that far away.

Valerie-Jael said...

They all look very good indeed. Have a great day, Valerie

Ella said...

The carrot cake 🥕 is delicious !

Lady Fi said...

Oh my -- looks delicious! I think I'll try those carrots tonight.

Jo said...

I think they all look mouth watering.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love most roasted veggies, the carrot cake looks delicious.
Take care, enjoy your day!

linda said...

They all look good but I think I would substitute cauliflower with broccoli.

It's me said...

Mmmmmmmmmm.....love Ria 🍀💕🍀

Ygraine said...

Carrot cake is one of my all time favourite cakes, but I don't think I could choose a overall favourite out of these three...I have never tried the roasted carrots, so will try them this weekend.
Thank you so much for these fabulous recipes!😊😊

Have a great day!

Hugs xxx

Kay G. said...

These all look so good. I want to make them all!

Jenn Jilks said...

You feature the most delicious foods!

mamasmercantile said...

The leek and cauli gratin looks delicious.

Jean said...

I'm making the cauliflower and leek gratin into a fish pie. XX

Shari Burke said...

Carrots and gratin look fab! 😋

pam nash said...

Another thing from you I shall have to try - the roasted carrots.

Divers and Sundry said...

I just may hafta try those carrots. They look delicious!

Sue (this n that) said...

Yum! Those roasted carrots look great, will definitely try!

Sondra said...

The carrots and the cake both look really delicious.

Debbie said...

those carrots sound really good, i like the ingredients in the recipe!!

Martha said...

All delicious! I would especially love a piece of carrot cake.

Sue said...

Yeah I love my vegetables and I'm very partial to a piece(or two) of carrot cake! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Lee said...

Yum-diddley-youm-yum! :)

Conniecrafter said...

I am in the mood right now to have a dessert of some kind so the carrot cake really appeals to me

sandy said...

this looks delicious!!!

Jeanie said...

All of these look very good, Jan!