Total Pageviews

Monday 3 April 2017

Carrot Cake : Low Carb Version


You may have seen this recipe before, one of this blogs favourites! A low carb carrot cake can make a fabulous treat with your morning tea or coffee, and also works well as a dessert. This Low Carb Carrot Cake is fine without icing, however if you are a fan of cream cheese icing, mix cream cheese, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of stevia and ice when cake is cold.

Here is what you will need:
3 cups grated carrot
5 eggs
1 cup Butter melted
3 tbsp Natvia (granulated)
1 ½ cups Almond meal/flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon

½ cup Chopped walnuts
1 tsp Mixed spice
2 tsp Vanilla essence
½ cup Coconut (desiccated or thread)


Nutrition Information:
Serves: 20

Calories: 174
Fat: 16.7g
Saturated fat: 7.9g
Carbohydrates: 1.7g
Sodium: 116mg
Protein: 4.0g

This super recipe is from Julia McPhee, and her instructions are here

For help with measurement conversions see here or
here

Did you also know ... Cinnamon is a popular spice often associated with baked treats, cereals and smoothies. However, you may not have considered that the teaspoon of cinnamon that you add to your baked treats may doing you more good than you realized. Studies have shown that cinnamon could assist with boosting brain function, fighting cancer, aiding in digestion, supporting weight loss and fighting diabetes.

Incorporate cinnamon into your life by:
Adding a cinnamon quill into your morning tea, sprinkling half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon onto your homemade granola or adding a sprinkle of cinnamon into your next bowl of breakfast oatmeal.

Oh yes! The kettle is on ...


All the best Jan

22 comments:

Jo said...

Oooh, I love carrot cake. Yum yum.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love carrot cake. Thanks for sharing this low-carb recipe. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Tom said...

...looks good.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds gorgeous, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

I will try this I have all the ingredients thanks, including the icing!!

JFM said...

Oh yea!!! This is hitting home and a must try recipe for sure!!!

Have a wonderful week Jan~

Kasztanowy Domek said...

Delicious look! Happy new week!:)

xxBasia

Connie said...

Oh my! This looks so good. Yum!

Martha said...

I will definitely try this as soon as the dust settles around here. It'll be a rewarding treat for us for all our hard work. Thank you for sharing it!

Lady Fi said...

What a delicious recipe! And that kettle is so pretty.

Neesie said...

Oh my that looks delicious. I'm craving a slice and a cuppa now :D

Snowbird said...

That cake looks delicious! Interesting reading how beneficial cinnamon is, I have only added it to mulled wine!xxx

Lisabella Russo said...

Wow, that looks delicious! I love cinnamon!

Manu said...

Wow I do love carrot cakes.
Thanks for sharing.
Love

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I do love my carrot cake, I haven't had any in so long, I really need to make this :)

Lisa said...

there is nothing quite like a good carrot cake with that cream cheese topping.
Delicious.
Lisa x

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

gaelen said...

Are these English cups or American cups ?

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Gaelen and thanks for your question.
The original recipe idea is by a fellow blogger,Julia McPhee, who is based in New Zealand.
I would suggest you use these tables here for your conversion
http://www.annabel-langbein.com/recipes/conversions/

I hope you enjoy the recipe

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

I love carrot cake - what can I substituted 3 tbsp Natvia (granulated) with?

Lowcarb team member said...

Chatty Crone said...
I love carrot cake - what can I substituted 3 tbsp Natvia (granulated) with?

Hello there
If you cannot get Natvia you could try substituting using Swerve. You may find that you will not need to use 3 tbsp because it is a little sweeter in taste.

I do hope you will give this cake a try.
If you do try it, please let us know in the comments how you got on.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

baili said...

must make cake because carrot might taste lot good within wow