Total Pageviews

Friday 22 December 2023

Second Christmas Five Quiz!

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.

Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the five questions. For ease I have repeated the questions ...

If you are born on Christmas Day, what is your star sign?
Capricorn 

What colour are mistletoe berries?
White

In which year was the first Christmas Card sent?
1843

Which plant beginning with P is associated with Christmas?
Poinsettia

What red-breasted bird do we commonly associate with Christmas?
The Robin

How did you do? Before I researched the answers, I knew four. I guessed at one and got it right 😊


~ the lovely Robin, image from here ~

Now, here we have five questions for todays quiz,
hope you may take part again.

Which famous scientist was born on Christmas Day in 1642?

Charles Darwin, Marie Curie or Isaac Newton

What beverage company has been using Santa Claus in their advertising since 1931?

Coca-Cola, Nestle or Costa Coffee

In which country did Panettone originate?

Mexico, Spain or Italy

In Japan, which takeaway food is traditionally eaten at Christmas? 

French Fries, KFC or Sushi

There are more than 110 varieties of which popular Christmas vegetables?

Parsnips, Peas or Brussels Sprouts

That wasn't too bad was it? Do write down your answers at home and come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed, and maybe there will be a third Christmas Five Quiz! 😊 🎄🎅

... and now on to a tasty recipe suggestion, which you may wish to try.

Quick Minestrone Soup
This recipe suggestion is for a quick and healthy minestrone soup
which uses white beans rather than pasta for extra protein and flavour
more details/recipe can be seen here


~ wishing you a happy day ~

A variety of posts, articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

20 comments:

Tom said...

...Oh good, I know one! ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Sir Issac Newton
Coca Cola
Brussels Sprouts
KFC
Italy

Might be in the wrong order though

happyone said...

Thought I knew all of yesterdays questions but got number 2 wrong - thought red berries.
Knew a couple of these questions and guessed at the rest. :)

J.P. Alexander said...

Uno aprende con sus cuestionarios. Lees mando un beso. Pasaba a desearte una feliz navidad para ti y tu familia

Elephant's Child said...

I did well yesterday but there is guess work involved in today's quizz. I will have to see tomorrow how well I guess.

Christine said...

Interesting answers and another great quiz! Enjoyed reading this.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is a hard one, I'm afraid I will flunk this one, but I'm interested in learning the answers. Minestrone soup is one of my favorites. xx K

Kay said...

The robin? Seriously? I thought they were a spring bird.
This year, instead of sushi, we thought we'd get Popeyes chicken just because it's closer than KFC. I should ask my cousins in Japan if they actually do eat KFC at Christmas.

Lorrie said...

I'm catching up on these posts. Fun! Merry Christmas, Jan.

Donna said...

I think I'll always associate the Red Bird with Christmas...Neat answers!
Merry Christmas Friend!
Have a wonderful Day!
hugs
Donna

eileeninmd said...

Merry Christmas!
I did good with yesterday's quiz, not so sure about todays.
The soup look yummy.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

Sami said...

I got 4 right as I predicted. Today's quiz is harder, I think I only know 3 :)

Lori Miller said...

The first two are Darwin (I think) and Coke. No idea about the rest--though one variety of parsnips and Brussels sprouts is more than enough.

Conniecrafter said...

On the first quiz I only got one wrong, I guess I don't know my star signs, LOL!
The second I am sure I will have more wrong

Teresa said...

Acerté todas menos una, espero saber cuanta acerté hoy. Besos.

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

J.P. Alexander said...
Uno aprende con sus cuestionarios. Lees mando un beso. Pasaba a desearte una feliz navidad para ti y tu familia

You learn from these quizzes. Lees sent a kiss. I went on to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

Teresa said...
Acerté todas menos una, espero saber cuanta acerté hoy. Besos

I got all but one right, I hope to know how many I got right today. Kisses

Rosemary said...

I am sure that I got all five correct. I know the first one anyway because I wrote a post about him just three months ago. I will tune in tomorrow.

Fun60 said...

I like your quizzes they make me think I am intelligent.

William Kendall said...

I'm reasonably sure about the first three.

Ananka said...

Oh well, I only got the last 2 correct!