Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 December 2023

Third or Twixmas Christmas Five Quiz!

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas, many thanks to everyone who took time to wish Eddie and myself a Happy Christmas, your thoughts and kind wishes are appreciated.

The two recent Christmas Five quizzes posted here and here were a popular read. Thanks to all those who read the posts and special thanks to those who took time to comment. I hinted that there could be a third Christmas five quiz and yes there is 😊 perhaps I should call it the Twixmas quiz, please see questions below.

Here we have five questions for todays third, and last, Christmas Five quiz,
hope you may take part again.
I've given you some help with the first two questions!

1. Which Country Started The Tradition of Putting Up A Christmas Tree?

Switzerland, Germany or The United Kingdom

2. What Year Was Tinsel Invented? 

1610, 1710 or 1810

3. What has been helping us to count down the days from the 1st to the 25th December since the early 1900's?

4. In which Christmas Song is everything calm and bright?

5. Which Christmas Carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965? 

That wasn't too bad was it? Do write down your answers at home and come back when the answers will be revealed tomorrow ðŸ˜Š 🎄🎅


 ... and now on to a recipe suggestion ...

Turkey Bake
with Broccoli and Mushrooms in a creamy sauce
hope you may enjoy this dish soon
more details here


As regular readers know, this blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, cartoons, music and recipes!

However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Tom said...

...I know a couple!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your quizzes.
Think I may know three, will come back to check.

Tina

Elephant's Child said...

I am struggling a bit at this quiz and will come back later. I hope your Christmas was lovely.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great quiz
I feel iffy on two of the answers.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por los datos y la receta.

Margaret D said...

Only about one for me...I've really never thought about these things Jan.

Giorgio said...

Hello!
The Christmas song is: "All is calm". And I know the 1st Christmas tree was made in Northern Germany. The other questions are not easy 😊😊😊

Never heard of turkey with Broccoli and Mushrooms. It seems delicious.
Congrats on your Christmas tree 🌲 It is beautiful and its location close to the fireplace is perfect.

Greetings from Italy 🇮🇹

eileeninmd said...

Great quiz, I'll be back.
The turkey bake looks yummy!
Take care, have a great day!

jabblog said...

The turkey bake looks delicious.
I'm useless at quizzes - well, just generally useless, really *wink* - but even I know three of these, always supposing I've got the right answers, of course . . . Janice

roughterrain crane said...

Your questions have brought me a chance to think about happy feelings in this great season.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a wonderful Christmas tree. Best wishes.

God bless.

My name is Erika. said...

Your tree looks lovely. I missed a couple of days of blogging, but back from your last set of answers, who knew there were so many kinds of brussel sprouts? Are you ready for 2024?

Dee said...

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2024.

jabblog said...

Your turkey bake looks delicious.
I'm no good at quizzes but think I may have got two, possibly three right.

Valerie-Jael said...

Turkey bake sounds good! Happy days, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Wow! What beautiful decorations. No turkey here but I will keep this recipe for another time. Have a wonderful day today.

happyone said...

I think I did pretty good. :)

Christine said...

I know ques 4!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun!

Mrs Swan said...

This comment has nothing to do with this post. I was looking back at my blog from many years ago. I had posted I had iron deficiency anemia in Jan 2014- yes 2014. Jan mentioned her friend had to get iron injections to keep up with iron levels. I finally started getting my iron stuff sorted out after a medical scare in Oct 2022. (Side note- very low iron can cause chest pains) I was excited to see that you were still blogging! Just a really past due update LOL

Mary Kirkland said...

I love the tree.

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO MRS SWAN

Hello, and so nice to receive this comment and update from you.
Please continue to take care and look after yourself.

Sending my good wishes for the coming New Year.

All the best Jan

Teresa said...

Creo que algunas las he contestado bien, volveré a ver las respuestas. La receta se ve muy bien. Besos.

Conniecrafter said...

I think I know most of them but a couple were big guess!

Kay said...

I love your beautiful tree. We didn't get to set our out this year because of termite problems. I'd like to wish you a happy Day After Boxing Day. Hmmm.... I'm forgetting what Boxing Day was about. I shall have to check this out online.

Jeanie said...

Your mantel and hearth are beautiful. I did the quiz on the answer page -- and not faring TOO well with it!

William Kendall said...

Guesses on two, reasonably sure about another.

carol l mckenna said...

Fun post ~ don't do any kind of quizzes ~ Got two Masters degrees after that I don't do tests of any kind ~ lol

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

Ty and to you as well! I have been getting iron infusions. Just had my third one and hope it sticks this time. 🤞

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO
Anonymous who said...
Ty and to you as well! I have been getting iron infusions. Just had my third one and hope it sticks this time. 🤞

Many thanks Mrs Swann, sorry you had to come through as anonymous but blogger does cause glitches from time to time!

I certainly hope your iron infusions works for you.

All the best Jan