Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 December 2023

Answers to Second Christmas Five Quiz, and a Christmas Tree that is edible!

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.

Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the five questions. For ease I have repeated the questions, and given links to more details ...

Which famous scientist was born on Christmas Day in 1642?
Isaac Newton - read more here

What beverage company has been using Santa Claus in their advertising since 1931?
Coca-Cola - more to read here

In which country did Panettone originate?
Italy - read about it here

In Japan, which takeaway food is traditionally eaten at Christmas?
KFC - read about it here

There are more than 110 varieties of which popular Christmas vegetables?
Brussels Sprouts - more to read here

How did you do? Before I researched the answers, I knew three, and guessed at two! 😊

... and now, here's a tasty Christmas recipe for you.
A Christmas Tree That's Edible
The Brussels Sprouts Christmas Tree It's a Showstopper
more details/instructions here


A variety of posts, articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I did not do well, only 2.
The edible tree looks yummy.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the Brussels Sprouts tree, great idea! Valerie

Tom said...

...someday I need to try and enjoy Brussel sprouts. ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

Elephant's Child said...

I am with Tom. And between knowing and guessing got four out of five.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

Number 1and5 were new to me -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Kim in Oregon said...

Hi Jan! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Kim in Oreogn

Angie's Recipes said...

A delicious and healthy dish!

Dee said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas ---- and all the best in 2024.

happyone said...

I just didn't know the first one.
Like your quizes.
Edible tree looks good!!

roentare said...

Wonderful Xmas facts to learn

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Though I didn't take your quiz yesterday, I read it today and enjoyed. I would love the brussel sprout tree, but my family would not unfortunately. Merry Christmas to you and Eddie!

Barwitzki said...

...and Brussels sprouts are so delicious. Yesterday I had a Brussels sprout soup - we call it a stew - the basis was lamb... the dream, my husband said :-))) Cook is happy and enjoys it.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and a happy new year.
Yes, we enjoy to the fullest and are happy... Hugs from Viola

DUTA said...

I don't particularly like Brussel Sprouts, but I do like the edible tree.

DeniseinVA said...

The Brussel sprout Christmas tree would look lovely on a buffet table. Thank you for the recipe Jan :) Also enjoyed your quiz though late getting here and I enjoyed the answers. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Eddie :)

Teresa said...

Bonito ese árbol de Navidad. De esté cuestionario solo he acertado tres. Un abrazo.

William Kendall said...

I knew the first three. Haven't eaten KFC in years. I like sprouts, garnished with butter and nutmeg.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Festive and delicious tree!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I didn't know about KFC in Japan. I think it is closed here on Christmas Day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A fun quiz and it was fun seeing how many answers I could manage, thanks.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow I only got two of them right, the ones I guessed I did not guess right.
Merry Christmas to you both!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The Brussels sprouts tree is fabulous. What a great presentation. Merry Christmas and best wishes for blessings of peace, joy, and good health with family and friends.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello,
What a nice and delicious creation.
Very well done. So special how you have made this.

Greetings, Marco

Jeanie said...

Brussels Sprouts? Really?!!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Jeanie

Yes, really ...

There are more than 110 different varieties of Brussels sprout available, as well as the Flower Sprout, a sprout/kale hybrid which contains double the vitamin B6 and C of a traditional sprout.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/features/fascinating-facts-brussels

All the best Jan

carol l mckenna said...

Yet another yummy recipe ~ fun ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)