25-30 Brussel sprouts
1 parsnip (or carrot)
1 slice butternut squash
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 handful dried cranberries
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Check the sprouts for any major blemishes and cut them out. Trim the bottom and cut each one in half so there is a flat side. Place them into a bowl with half the oil and toss to coat.
3. Peel and slice the parsnip (or carrot) lengthways into equal length pieces then rub to coat with some of the remaining oil.
4. Add the sprouts to the baking sheet in a large tree shape. Use the parsnips to create the tree trunk.
5. Use a star cookie cutter (or a knife to make the shape freehand) to make a star shape from the butternut squash slice. Lightly coat it with oil and add to the top of the sprout tree.
6. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked and beginning to brown.
7. Add the dried cranberries decoratively to the sprout Christmas tree and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
This super idea from Kate, comes with a step by step guide … you will find it here
All the best Jan