Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 December 2021

Thursday Three : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (4)

Here we are with another 'Thursday Three' of lower carb recipe suggestions.
I hope you enjoy these suggestions 😊


Courgette / Zucchini and Tomato Basil Soup
This tasty vegan/vegetarian recipe is perfect for cooler days
Ingredients
Serves Six
500 g courgettes/zucchini
500 g tomatoes
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
1 Tbsp flour
1 Litre vegetable stock
Olive oil
large bunch of fresh basil
Salt and pepper
More details


Orange, Mozzarella and Rocket (Arugula) Salad
This recipe uses oranges and cheese, and of course a little greenery,
tasty, easy and so refreshing
Ingredients
Serves Four
3 normal or blood oranges
2 x 125g balls mozzarella, the best you can afford (or burrata, if you can get it), torn
2 big handfuls rocket (arugula)
½ red onion, thinly sliced
low carb bread, to serve (optional)
For the dressing
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp mustard seed (black or brown)
1 tsp poppy seed
More details


Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
your taste buds will be zinging with this lovely recipe
Ingredients
Serves 4
1 Head of Cauliflower
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Clove Garlic, grated or pressed
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
More details

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Thursday Three'.
I wonder have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three?
They all look good, I think I will be putting cauliflower on my shopping list 😀

You can also have a look at previous 'Thursday Three' lower carb recipe suggestions using this link here




Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Tom said...

...the Orange, Mozzarella and Rocket (Arugula) Salad is interesting!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Out of these three recipes, Jan, I like the tomato-zucchini soup and it's one I plan to try. I am not overly fond of arugula, so that was not my choice pick. We do enjoy cauliflower and have roasted and pureed it often.

Christine said...

I make the parmesan crusted cauliflower dish regularly since you first posted it!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas. Las hare todas menos la sopa de tomate ya que no me gusta. Te mando un beso

kathyinozarks said...

thanks for the recipes-the soup is my favorite-Happy New Year

Debbie said...

it's soup weather and that soup sounds amazing!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't know which I would pick first.
Coffee is on and stay safe

William Kendall said...

The last would suit me.

Elephant's Child said...

It is too hot for soup here at the moment, but the other recipes look delicious. Thank you.

Linda said...

Looks good!

Lorrie said...

Oh how delicious these all sound, in particular the cauliflower dish.

Valerie-Jael said...

All so yummy! Happy New Year, Valerie

Jo said...

I've never tried any of these recipes but they all sound delicious.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello,
That looks so tasty. Hmmm...!!
It's always a surprise to see your new meals or delicacy.
Amazing how you photograph it. Very nice.

I wish you all the best for 2022 and enjoy of all.

Many greetings, Marco

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
All three look and sound delicious.
Thanks for sharing the recipes.
Have a great day!

Aritha V. said...

I like the recipe: Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower Steaks. I will try it!

Divers and Sundry said...

Every time I think about cooking cauliflower I end up just eating it raw in salad lol

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Everything looks good but the zucchini tomato soup calls my name. Happy New Year and thanks for the delicious looking healthy recipes.

Maria Rodrigues said...

Hi Jan,
Everything is super delicious.
To you and your family I wish a Happy New Year !!!
May 2022 be a year of peace, love and health.

sandy said...

First off, those dishes look so good! Second, stopping by to wish you and Eddy a great New Year and lots of fun with the grandkids.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

That´s is wonderful!!! Happy 2022 dear friend...

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Ooo, the cauliflower looks delicious.
A bit of crunch in a menu brightens up a bland diet. Thank you!

Happy New Year!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This has been a vegetarian delight today, Jan. I love every recipe. I hope you have a great day and a wonderful 2022.

My name is Erika. said...

Those cauliflower steaks do look good.Guess I'm hungry and need to go get dinner going. Have a wonderful start to 2022. Happy New Year.

Jeanie said...

These look good -- a healthy way to start the new year!

Jeanie said...

PS -- I added a link to your post about the holiday wreath salad. Thanks for telling me! It was a great idea!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks Jeanie :)

All the best Jan

Martha said...

Oh, all yummy! The soup is especially appealing. We eat a lot of soups!

Conniecrafter said...

As cold as it is here the soup looks very inviting!!

Teresa said...

Las recetas me han encantado. Besos.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

These look delicious.

Pam said...

Happiest New Year to you!

Iris Flavia said...

The cauliflower sounds best to me!
Happy, yummy New Year to you :-)