Total Pageviews

Monday 27 December 2021

Twixmas - Everything You Need To Know !

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas, Eddie and I certainly did. We were fortunate to spend some wonderful time with family. A lot of fun was had, a lot of food was eaten (low carb of course!) alcohol was consumed, (but there was non alcoholic choices too!) All in all time spent filled with love, laughter, and a lot of fun, special family times. 

Now, here we are, it's the 27th December and the start of Twixmas. Do I hear you ask the question What is Twixmas? Well, here is everything you need to know about the period between Christmas and New Year ... plus how to make the most of your free time.

Twixmas for many is a favourite time of the year. Once the stress of Christmas Day is over, Twixmas, the relaxed period between Christmas and New Year – when life seems to slow down a little and everyone takes a collective deep breath – comes along to help recharge our batteries before we welcome in another year.

Marked from the 27th until 30th December, here is everything you need to know about Twixmas, including how to spend it.

What is Twixmas?
Twixmas is the term used to describe the days between Christmas and New Year (27th-30th December), when – work and family commitments depending – you can take some much needed down time. For many of us, it's time when we can fully relax and spend our days doing nothing.


Why is it called Twixmas?
Twixmas originates from the old English word 'betwixt' which simply means 'between'.

How can I spend Twixmas?
The simple answer? Any way you want! For some, Twixmas is all about curling up under a blanket in cosy PJs with a festive film, or that buzzed-about boxset or book. For others, it's a chance to get some air, enjoy countryside walks or indulge in a little craft or DIY activities. It's also the perfect time to gather your thoughts ahead of 2022, and write down your new goals.

Things to do during Twixmas:
Cook up something comforting. Twixmas is a great time to use up leftovers. If you have too much Turkey left over the recipe suggestions here may help.

Get cosy and catch up on those Christmas TV specials you missed. 

Shop the post-Christmas sales from the comfort of your sofa. Pick up a bargain for the house without having to battle the crowds. 

Indulge in a spot of pampering; light some candles, run a bath and kick back with a face mask.

Read one of this year's most talked about books. Or perhaps get lost in the bestselling tome from the year you were born!

Rearrange your bedroom; transform your bedroom space into a tranquil, stylish space to help you unwind at the end of a long day.

Declutter your home and tidy up all of those new presents. Whether it's that jumbled cupboard under the stairs or the kids' bedroom, use Twixmas to get your clean on.

Decorate! With Christmas Day now behind us, why not give your home a lick of paint. Let next year's interior design trends inspire your next move.

Go offline, it's a great way to recharge your mind before 2022 begins.
Words above, with all relevant links, can be seen at original article here

I think I may spend a little time sitting quietly with a good book, a cup of tea and a low carb cookie biscuit, see more about low carb/keto biscuits here


Dear reader, you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Sandi said...

Ok, but this just made me think of Twix candy bars!

DVArtist said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. Twixmas, love it.

Tom said...

...this is a new term for me.

Christine said...

Twixmas, a new term for me! It sounds like a good time.

Elephant's Child said...

Twixmas is a wonderful time of year. There are plenty of things I 'should' be doing. I am revelling in reader Christmas books instead. Glad that your Christmas was packed with love and joy.

Sami said...

Glad you had a lovely Christmas.
I had never heard of Twixmas, but the word makes sense, lol.
Wishing you and Eddie and wonderful 2022

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy your Twixmas week and take time to relax! Valerie

Jo said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. I love these days between Christmas and New Year when everyone can just relax.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Twixmas is new to me, I like the idea.
It is a wonderful time to relax. I wish you all the best in 2022, a happy and healthy New Year. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun post. I'd heard of but didn't really recognize the word Twixmas. It's perfect for this week-one of my favorites!

Jenn Jilks said...

It is the perfect name for it!
I used to have the kids till Christmas, then they went to their dad's house and I took everything down!

Inger said...

You are so right, this is the best part of the holiday season.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas.
Greetings.

Divers and Sundry said...

We're still in full Christmas mode, celebrating the 12 Days and then Epiphany. I've never heard of "Twixmas".

Jeanie said...

I've never heard a name for it but I always love this time of year and am delighted to adapt Twixmas traditions! I think reading is definitely in order, and maybe a bit of tidying!

happyone said...

I never heard this time referred to as Twixmas but like the sound of it.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've not heard of Twixmas before, but I like the idea. I already put my Christmas dishes and my decorations away, so I can start fresh in the new year. Happy Twixmas to you, Jan and Eddie.

Creations By Cindy said...

Well I have never heard the term Twixmas but surely like it! Of course my first thought was the candy bar! You can tell where my mind is right? LOL! Happy New year to you and Eddie. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

R's Rue said...

I learned something new today. Thank you.

DUTA said...

I like the term 'twixmas' and the idea of relaxation and recharging of batteries behind it.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy Twixmas! It is my first time hearing the term. It is perfect! This is a wonderfully relaxing week.

William Kendall said...

A new term to me.

NatureFootstep said...

In Sweden we just call them "between days" and not much of relaxing really. Most people works as usual.
Love the photo with the socks. :)

Happy New Year!

Teresa said...

Me alegra que pasaran la Navidad bien. No conocía nada sobre Twixmas y me ha encantado. Besos.

Bill said...

A new term to me too but it sounds great.

Conniecrafter said...

I think that is the first time I have heard that word. Hubby has to work that whole time so I would say it isn't going to be a relaxing time for him, and if he goes back to work I feel I have to also :) When retirement comes it will be though :)
Glad to hear you had such a great time with your family!

bread&salt said...

Thanks for the information! Have a wonderful rest of the holiday.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Twixmas to you too! It's definitely a wonderfully relaxing time and I'm taking full advantage of it. Happy New Year to you and Yours.

Debbie said...

oooooh i had no idea. i love this picture!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Something new learned, thank you, Happy Twixmas!

baili said...

even reading this post makes me feel relaxed dear Jan :)

such a nice and useful sharing full of very good ideas to make this in between time beautiful and relaxing .

loved it

Snowbird said...

Twixmass....I love it and wonderful word.xxx

Linda said...

Happy Twixmas!