1) This first recipe is made with Soya flour (Soya beans toasted and then milled into flour). This flour needs a lot of liquid to make it workable.
Carbs per serving: 2.5g
To make six Yorkshire puddings in a muffin tray
2/3 cup (40g) Soya Flour
3 medium eggs
100ml of whole milk
Pinch of salt
6 tbsp of sunflower oil
You can use a muffin baking tin or a Yorkshire pudding tin to make these.
1. Heat the oven to 190C
2. Pour a small amount of oil (sunflower or vegetable oils are best as they don’t burn or smoke in the oven) in each muffin or pudding tray and heat in the middle of the oven for between 10-15 minutes until really hot. (This is the secret of well-risen Yorkshire Puddings with any flour.)
3. While the fat is heating the Yorkshire pudding batter can be mixed.
4. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl using a whisk until fully blended, and leave the mixture to rest until the fat is hot enough for the puddings.
5. Give the mixture a final whisk just before pouring into the muffin or Yorkshire pudding tray. It will seem watery but will have thickened a bit by the last whisk.
6. Fill the muffin cups or Yorkshire pudding tray three-quarters deep with the mixture. It is a batter mixture and should be fairly runny.
7. Bake these in the middle of the oven and don’t open the oven for at least 20 mins after they have gone in or they will fall flat.
8. They usually take between 25-35 minutes depending on your oven.
9. If you have a fan oven they will cook more quickly. A lot depends on whether you like them golden or more browned and crisp.
These can be served with boiled vegetables, gravy and a range of meats, they are high in protein and nutrients. This recipe can also be used to make batter for things like Toad in the Hole, or can even used as a pancake mixture.
1/4 C Roast beef drippings
1 C Almond flour
1/2 t Salt
1 C Heavy (Double) cream
1. Heat oven to 425F degrees.
2. Pour beef drippings into 9 inch square pan, tilt pan to coat bottom and sides.
3. Place pan in oven to heat about 2 minutes.
4. In small bowl, beat eggs slightly.
5. Lightly spoon almond flour into measuring cup and level off.
6. Add almond flour, salt, and cream. Beat just until blended. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
7. Pour batter into hot pan.
8. Bake at 425F degrees for 15 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
All the best Jan