Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 December 2021

Thursday Three : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (2)

Here we are with another 'Thursday Three' of lower carb recipe suggestions.
There's definitely a vegetable side dish theme going here 😊
I hope you enjoy these suggestions.

Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds
This is a wonderfully green, crispy and crunchy low-carb side dish.
Green beans always go great with a nice Sunday roast, or even Christmas turkey.


Ingredients
Serves Six
7g carbs per serving
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
700 g fresh green beans
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
80 ml almonds, chopped
more details here

Cheesy Leeks
A tasty side dish for a Roast Dinner, or a vegetarian supper


Ingredients
Serves 2 - 4
4 slender leeks (around 575g/1lb 4½oz total weight), trimmed
20g/¾oz butter, plus extra for greasing
20g/¾oz plain flour
200ml/7fl oz milk, semi-skimmed or full-fat
1 tsp English or Dijon mustard
100g/3½oz mature cheddar cheese, or other cheese, finely grated
2 tbsp dried white breadcrumbs (ideally panko breadcrumbs), optional
salt and freshly ground black pepper
more details here

Spicy Mushrooms with Peppers
A tasty side dish or starter


Ingredients
Serves Four (as starter or side dish)
200g chestnut mushrooms (wipe gently with dampened kitchen paper to clean)
50ml olive oil
20ml truffle flavour olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1 red chilli pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
salt and pepper
more details here

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Thursday Three'.
I wonder have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three?
They all look good, but I think I will choose the cheesy leeks.

You can also have a look at previous 'Thursday Three' lower carb recipe suggestions using this link here


Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

William Kendall said...

I think I would try the third. With water close at hand.

magiceye said...

All seem yummy and delicious!

Tom said...

...the almonds are a nice addition to the green beans.

Christine said...

All look so delicious.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

We would enjoy your featured vegetables. The garlic and almond combination appeals to me! Thank you for the inspiration.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por las recetas. Se ven genial en especial la ultima. Te mando un beso

Lee said...

Damn! And I've just had lunch! Oh well! In the words of Scarlett O'Hara..."Tomorrow is another day!" :)

Conniecrafter said...

The green beans and the mushrooms sound very interesting done that way :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Cheesy leeks look good!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. I will bookmark all of these for a day when I can face cooking again.

Jo said...

Oooh, cheesy leeks, yum!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

All three look very delicious. I bet they are too.

God bless.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great, but those cheesy leeks have me in their grip! Valerie

Catarina said...

Great ideas!
Thank you.

CJ Kennedy said...

My mother used to make Green Beans Almondine.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love leeks!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Cheesy leeks looks delicious!

baili said...

delicious absolutely dear Jan .
with time my craving for veggies has been increasing and i like to learn more recipes that include veggies :)

health ,peace and joy to you and loved ones precious friend!

Ananka said...

These all look tasty :-D

Bill said...

I'll go with the cheesy leeks.

Debbie said...

great recipes...i think i would LOVE the string beans and the mushrooms. awesome sides!!

happyone said...

I like green beans and these all look very good.

Creations By Cindy said...

YUM, those mushrooms look so good! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Snowbird said...

Some lovely side dishes here. I especially like the look of those mushrooms.xxx

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Jan. You have good timing. I am providing a veg dish for our Christmas dinner and I decided on green beans. I think I will try this recipe..Have a wonderful holiday season..xxoJudy

My name is Erika. said...

These are looking good!

Teresa said...

Interesantes recetas. Besos.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We are always looking for ways to perk up green beans and this one looks great. Green beans and almons on the same plate is pretty healthy too.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh so yummy and creative looking too ~ Xo

I am a bit behind in commenting ~ Hope to catch up soon ~

Happy Day to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

My mouth is drooling! LOL! Thanks Jan! Big Hugs!