Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 December 2023

Answers to the Third (Twixmas) Christmas Five Quiz, and Cheesecake, Some Lower Carb Choices!

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.

Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the five questions. For ease I have repeated the questions, and given more details ...

1. Which Country Started The Tradition of Putting Up A Christmas Tree?
Answer - Germany - more to read here

2. What Year Was Tinsel Invented?
Answer - 1610 - more to read here

3. What has been helping us to count down the days from the 1st to the 25th December since the early 1900's?
Answer - Advent Calendars - more to read here

4. In which Christmas Song is everything calm and bright?
Answer - Silent Night.
The First Verse:-
Silent night! Holy night!
All is calm, all is bright
'round yon virgin mother and child.
Holy infant, so tender and mild,
sleep in heavenly peace,
sleep in heavenly peace.


5. Which Christmas Carol became the first song ever broadcast from space in 1965?
Answer - Jingle Bells - more to read here

How did you do? Before I researched the answers, I knew four, and guessed at one! 😊

~ and now for some cheesecake choices ~
both are lower carb recipes

No Bake Keto Cheesecake


Lemon Yoghurt Cheesecake


details for both cheesecakes can be seen here

A variety of posts, articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e., use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

happyone said...

I got the tinsel one wrong!! Had no idea it was that long ago.

Tom said...

...I'm doing better, I actually got 3 this time.

DUTA said...

Both cheesecakes are a delight to make and..eat! Good idea for New Year festivities. Thanks for sharing.

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial gracias por la receta.

Sandi said...

Tinsel was invented in 1610? I would have guessed the 1950's. Isn't it plastic? Well, maybe it was metal at first? Interesting!

Elephant's Child said...

I didn't do as well this time and only got two. I had no idea that tinsel had been round that long.

Kay said...

I'd never heard of Twixmas before, but then I read something about it in the newspaper and now here you are. LOL.
I used to put icicles on the Christmas tree, but it got to be silly because I told my kids to put it on carefully so they'd be easy to remove when we took the tree down. However, my son was not into being careful and loved to throw it on saying it was more natural that way.

Margaret D said...

Nice to know the answers to the ones I didn't know..

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

What a fun quiz!
Thank you for the cheesecake recipes. I don't know anyone who wouldn't love cheesecakes! :)
Happy "Boxing week"! xx

roentare said...

I only got 2 right lol.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I only had 2 correct.
The cheesecakes look delicious.
Take care, have a great day!

Donna said...

Didn't realize the tinsel one...wow!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answers. The cheesecake looks good. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

I'm not as "up" on Christmas as I thought! 1610 -- really? Wow!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you, nice quiz
For the life of me, I didn't remember the song or the year.

Inger said...

I missed number 2 and 5 and I'm very interested in the cheese cake recipes, Thanks for them and for the fun quizzes.

Valerie-Jael said...

Cheesecake - especially with emon - is always my fave! Hugs, Valerie

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

Well, you always learn on this blog apart from extraordinary recipes and good tips.
Happy new year.
Best regards.

Divers and Sundry said...

I haven't had cheesecake in ages and have never made one. Cherry cheesecake used to be my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answers. I did get three right.

Both cheesecakes look good.

Tina

Cherie said...

Oh my, that lemon yoghurt cheesecake sounds fantastic. I'll be trying that out for New Year.

William Kendall said...

Got Germany, advent calendars, and Silent Night.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I didn't know about the tinsel.

Conniecrafter said...

I knew 3 of them, I am surprised how early the tinsel was around

carol l mckenna said...

Amazing about the tinsel ~ Great cheesecake here ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)