Total Pageviews

Monday 3 December 2018

Turkey Bake, with Broccoli and Mushrooms in a creamy sauce


It's definitely the time of year for Turkey! Why not try this one step creamy turkey bake. Minimal preparation is required, making it perfect for busy weekdays... or any day!

Ingredients:
Serves 3/4
3.4 g carbs per serving
300g tub of full fat crème fraîche
3 tbsp. milk
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried)
Salt & pepper to taste
600g fresh British Turkey breast, diced
1 head of broccoli, cut into thumb sized florets
250g mushrooms, sliced
To Serve:
Some may choose boiled new potatoes …
My Choice, lower carb oven-baked swede (rutabaga) wedges.
Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 160 fan / gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl, combine the crème fraiche, milk, garlic, mustard and sage. Season well to taste with salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
3. Add the diced turkey, small broccoli florets and mushrooms to the sauce and mix together really well so everything is coated with the sauce.
4. Pour into a large oven dish and bake for around 45 minutes until the turkey is cooked through and the broccoli is tender. If the sauce splits a little, give it a mix when it comes out of the oven, and it will come together again. 
5. Garnish with a few crispy-fried sage leaves (if desired), and serve with your choice of accompanying vegetables.
From an original idea here
For our vegetarian/vegan readers, I'm sure you could use substitutes in this recipe e.g. tofu...





Did you know Broccoli contains:
almost 5 times as much vitamin C as potato
8 times as much calcium as potato
almost 2.5 times as much dietary fibre as potato

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

All the best Jan

34 comments:

JFM said...

Looks and sounds delicious.
I do enjoy all of the ingredients.
Thank you Jan ❄🎄❄

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, so good. Might be a Christmas side dish.

Christine said...

A perfect winter dish!

Tom said...

...I have had a lot turkey lately.

Jo said...

Good to make with the leftover turkey after Christmas, it certainly sounds very tasty.

Chris Lally said...

Oh, boy. This looks really good :)

handmade by amalia said...

Looks very tasty indeed.
Amalia
xo

It's me said...

Mmmmmmm That looks delicious...but full...🤔 fat crème fraiche?...happy week love Ria 💕

Sandra Cox said...

That sauce sounds scrumptious.

mamasmercantile said...

Looks delicious.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Tiene que estar exquisita esa receta. Los ingredientes son de mi gusto.

Besos

Elephant's Child said...

I will keep this in mind for himself's let over turkey after Christmas. Thank you.

NCmountainwoman said...

Another one I will definitely try. Looks yummy.

William Kendall said...

It looks delicious.

Sue (this n that) said...

A tasty recipe - definitely to try, thank you Jan :D)

Bill said...

Yum! It looks delicious.

NanaDiana said...

That sounds absolutely delicious, Jan. I am saving this recipe to my files.

Thanks for following along on my blog. I am wondering if you would send me your email address. You come through as a NoReply when you leave a comment and I would like to touch base with you sometimes. If you feel comfortable doing that my email is: dianakos1@gmail.com

Thanks and have a great week- xo Diana

happyone said...

mmmm that's looking good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This looks very tasty. Thank you.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

Aww..Jan-I am so sorry- I went back and checked my spam. I dump it daily so I must have missed it. When I get an email addy I usually send a response right away via email so that it is in my address book. I apologize if I lost it. If you send it again I will SEAL it so I don't lose it! Thanks for bearing with me. Once again-my email addy: dianakos1@gmail.com

Also, just realized I wasn't signed up as a follower...one of those days here.....

Have a good night. Diana

Margaret D said...

That looks good. Made similar just this weekend past.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Diana @NanaDiana

Just emailed you :)

All the best Jan

Martha said...

Looks so delicious! Thank you :)

Iris Flavia said...

I do love broccoli! But I think you can´t get turkey at the butcher here... you get it as cold cuts, though.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to use up all that turkey everyone in the states has left over from Thanksgiving. thanks for this recipe, Jan.

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful way to use leftovers :) Thanks Jan!

Phil Slade said...

Despite this appealing recipe, I think we may be like most people and eat turkey just once a year. I think it's because it is rather like chicken but the latter makes for better eating. Turkey invariably tastes dry in comparison. Still, maybe with a sauce as you suggest would be much better. Thanks for the thought Jan and Eddie.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Uma receita deliciosa.
Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

carol l mckenna said...

Oh sooo delicious looking and healthy too!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Debbie said...

looks so good, i would love this with pasta!! you share the best recipes, i love one pot /casserole meals!!

Jenn Jilks said...

They all look so good! I broke down and had some grated cheese on my noodles today!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh Jan, there are so many new, delicious recipes here! This is one of my very favourites.
It sounds wonderful. :)
Happy weekend! xx

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much! I love this one Jan! Big Hugs!

Nasir said...

Looks so delicious! Thank you :)