Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 December 2018

Peppermint Low Carb Mocha Latte : Delicious at Christmas-time !


"If you want a festive coffee beverage without any sugar added, it’s time to take the reindeer by the horns and make it yourself. Here’s a recipe for a decadent yet low carb version of my favourite Christmas coffee drink.

Peppermint Mocha Latte
(Yields 1 latte)
1/4 cup half and half or the dairy/non-dairy milk of your choice
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (check the label for no sugar)
1 drop peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract

6-8 ounces brewed coffee (e.g. Pure Coffee Club Double French blend

In a small saucepan, heat half and half to medium heat, being careful not to scald. Whisk in cocoa powder and peppermint oil. Remove from heat. In a Vitamix or similar blender, whip together coffee and half and half mixture until frothy. Pour and serve, garnishing with a few extra sprinkles of cocoa powder."


No wonder the reindeer is smiling - it's a great coffee
Enjoy

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Tom said...

...sounds festive!

Jeff said...

I'm going to have to try that!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Nam!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds great! Valerie

Susan Kane said...

Just the word coffee had me going.

CJ Kennedy said...

My Eldest would love this recipe

Christine said...

Comforting, festive and delicious!

mxtodis123 said...

Must make this for Christmas Eve.

William Kendall said...

That would be welcome right about now.

Jo said...

I don't drink coffee but that sounds very festive.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

hmmm...I wonder how adding a little cocoa in the coffee filter would work...

Sandra Cox said...

Oh yum! I'd be smiling too!

Elephant's Child said...

The coffee drinking, peppermint loving person in this house would love this.

carol l mckenna said...

Sounds delish! ^_^

Snowbird said...

How yummy!xxx

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful Cup of coffee, special Jan.

Bill said...

This sounds like a great festive beverage. I want one!

Mary Kirkland said...

That's a great idea.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

Mmmmm good! I want some!! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, I think I'd really like to have a cup of that, especially when sitting in the cold.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you for this Jan! Big Hugs!

Martha said...

Mmm...delicious! I will have to make this.

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
Such a great idea! I sure want one for Christmas Eve!
Have a lovely day and a happy new week!
Dimi...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
This does sound delicious, YUM! Have a great day and week ahead.

Lady Fi said...

Sounds delicious!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oooh, that sounds soooo good! I've never tasted a latte before, but I thought you had to have a special machine to make them. But, gee, I've got all the stuff in your recipe... so maybe it's time to give one a try. :) Thanks!

Carla from The River said...

Yum! Thank you for sharing.
Carla

Benita said...

This recipe sounds and looks wonderful! Will be giving it a try! Have a great one and thank you for sharing!

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmmm, now that sounds yummy!

The Happy Whisk said...

Such a cute cartoon.

Pam said...

Love the reindeer and if you will check out this post on my blog...https://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2018/11/christmas-trees-and-cats.html you will see that I painted that dude one yr!

Lowcarb team member said...

Pam Jackson said …
Love the reindeer and if you will check out this post on my blog...https://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2018/11/christmas-trees-and-cats.html you will see that I painted that dude one yr!

Hi Pam, I've just checked it out and left a comment on your blog post :)
It is a lovely reindeer, so cheerful.

Many thanks for your comment, enjoy the rest of your week.

All the best Jan

DMS said...

Yum! Sounds festive and tasty. :)
~Jess