Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 December 2018

Sail Away on a delicious Avocado Boat ... It's Keto, LCHF, Paleo

Take three easy Avocado Boats
which one will you choose?
This is recipe heaven for those who don’t like to cook.
Healthy easy avocado boats filled with tuna mayo, a baked egg with bacon bits, or prawn cocktail.

It's keto, paleo, low carb heaven! Just delicious and nutritious! 

Ingredients
all recipes below - serves one

Tuna Mayonnaise
1/2 avocado
50 g tinned/canned tuna drained
3 tbsp. mayonnaise


Baked Egg With Bacon & Chives
1/2 avocado
1 egg
2 tbsp. cooked bacon pieces
1 tbsp. fresh chives chopped


Prawn Cocktail
1/2 avocado
50 g prawns pre-cooked
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp tomato paste
pinch chilli optional


Just decide which one you'd like to sail away in  try and then for cooking / preparation instructions please see
'Ditch The Carbs' site here

Why not find out more about avocado's - just read
Reasons To Love Avocados? Well Here Are Twenty !
find the article here

Don't like avocado!
Why not try these
Courgette / Zucchini Pizza Boats
please see here

Readers - you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. It is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never been an avocado fan.

Lowcarb team member said...

Tom said:
...I've never been an avocado fan.

Hi Tom
I appreciate not everyone likes avocado, perhaps try the Courgette / Zucchini Pizza Boats
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2017/08/courgette-zucchini-pizza-boats.html

Many thanks for your comment - enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Jo said...

They look really appetising. I love the choice of fillings.

DUTA said...

Avovacado is such a healthy, versatile food item! It's just that I have trouble buying them (either too ripe or too hard), so I give up. Your suggestions look delicious. I'll prefer the boats fiiled with tuna/egg - no mayo.

mxtodis123 said...

These look so good. I love avocado, but this past summer we had a hard time finding a decent one. We'd get them home to open them up and find them all black inside.

Barbara said...

Hello Jan,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I haven't blogged at all this year and keep promising myself I will get back to it but never do. :-) Have a wonderful Christmas and keep doing what you do so well here on The Low Carb blog. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, I think I will choose the middle one! Valerie

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Jan!Avocado reminds me my childhood: we usually had it with sugar at breakfast and it was delicious!Your recipes look great and healthy!All the best!Maristella!Merry Christmas!

Catarina said...

Delicious! Like them all.
: )

Christine said...

Thanks for these great ideas!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I didn't used to like avocado but they grew on me. I shall have to try these ideas out, thanks.

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
Great ideas and i like the choice of the fillings!
Thank you for sharing! Have a fabulous weekend!
Dimi...

Ygraine said...

Wow...these look really appetising! I will try them for Sunday tea tomorrow...will be my special treat before I am "nil by mouth" at midnight!!
Thank you so much...😊😊

JFM said...

These sure look tasty.

Have a great day!

Out on the prairie said...

Had a friend who gave me lots when going to school in the SW, love them any which ways

Kinga K. said...

I adore avocado ❤ ❤

Elephant's Child said...

I like my avocado with just a splash of lemon. Which possibly means I am unadventurous.

William Kendall said...

I have never had avocado.

happyone said...

I don't like avocados but they sure look good and easy to make,

Amy Purdy said...

I loved avocado. I make something similar to the one with tuna salad only I add diced red bell pepper and lime juice to it instead of mayo. Very good.

Martha said...

These look like so much fun to prepare and to eat!

Lee said...

I had avocado for my lunch yesterday. And, no doubt, will again a few times during the coming week.

These have given me ideas! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Oh I love avocado and what great ideas here that sound so delicious!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka ( A Creative Harbor)

Snowbird said...

How I love avacados!xxx

Carol Blackburn said...

Avocados are #1. I do like mine filled with almond butter for a snack.

Magic Love Crow said...

So good! Thank you Jan!!! I love avocados! Big Hugs!