Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 December 2018

December is here - Some lower carb recipe ideas




My goodness! 
December is here! 

Have you done any Christmas shopping yet? You may be one of our organised readers that have even finished and wrapped all of their presents ... but not me, at least not yet. Perhaps you've made a start on Christmas Food Preparations? 

One thing that is always part of Christmas in our house is The Poinsettia, at least one ... if not more are purchased, and they do look so warm, cheerful and welcoming dotted around on tables, shelves etc. Of course there are many varieties available but for me my favourite is the wonderful RED ones, they are brilliant. We also have some cheery Father Christmas 'wooden' ornaments and decorations and they sit well together on the hall table ! If you'd like to find out more about these wonderful plants please have a look here




There's also an idea for a Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer, treat. It's a deep pink Prosecco cocktail with savoury herbal notes and is a really simple way to add sparkle to your Christmas preparations and gatherings ... see here



And how about this!
The Best Low Carb Christmas Pudding Ever …. Well probably !
This recipe was put on our blog in 2013
My words then were:
No I don’t drink 'Carlsberg' but I guess the play on words is quite similar ?

However, I do think that for YOU out there who are following a low carb high fat lifestyle this Christmas Pudding recipe is one to be recommended.

Of course each to our own, but isn’t choice an amazing thing !

The slightly worrying aspect of posting this is - I’ve just realised that Christmas Day is getting so near  - I don’t know where the year has gone, but it‘s certainly flown by.

I pity Father Christmas and his Elves who are so busy getting everything ready …….. well so my grandchildren tell me.

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Pudding, please see details here





And how about this!
Fruit Cake A Low Carb Alternative : Could be just right for Christmas!
"Please come into my kitchen and discover this 'low carb fruit cake which is a great alternative to a traditional fruit cake.' It can be enjoyed at any time of year but could prove a popular low carb Christmas alternative."
To learn more please use this link here 

Finally, in the midst of all the Christmas preparations, please take time to sit down and enjoy a refreshing cuppa - will it be tea or coffee?


Readers - you will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas, are within this blog. It is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

As always thanks for reading. 

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Tom said...

...December is here,how can that be possible?

peppylady (Dora) said...

Around the holidays it's hard to keep on track.
Coffee is on

JFM said...

Thank you for the help for the Holiday menu ❄🎄❄

Valerie-Jael said...

Some lovely ideas there. Hugs, Valerie

Jo said...

I don't know where this year has gone. I'm quite organised with present shopping this year, most of it is done, I haven't done anything else though. It will be a quiet Christmas for us this year with only three of us at home on the big day.

chrissie said...

We bought a poinsetta this week as well and it does look wonderful like your does.

Great to have choices according to likes and needs and the pudding looks delicious.

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

Have a great weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE the poinsettias, Jan. I'll take some of that Christmas pudding, and I might even take a piece of that fruitcake since it doesn't have citron in it. Extra rum? Is that to drink, or use in the fruitcake (grin)? Looks like December has hit full force in your home and in your kitchen.

Aritha V. said...

Thanks for the link in your blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Happy December.

Tina

mxtodis123 said...

I'm done with all my shopping. Just have to finish the wrapping. Have been making out Christmas menu plans already. Time flies, doesn't it?

Pom Pom said...

Low carb Christmas pudding! Brilliant!

Cheryl said...

Hi Jan,
One plant I never buy. For some reason, they just do not like it here. They always seem to just give us and die. I do love them for Christmas though :)
Prosecco looks delicious. Ho ho ho !!
My Mother always made my Christmas fruit cake, now my niece has taken over. She makes a fabulous cake.

Catarina said...

Lovely ideas!
Thank you!
: )

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely low carb recipes!

Iris Flavia said...

I think - not liking sweets - I´m stuck with the tea :-)
But that´s OK - I even have apple strudel-tea - very slightly sweet and wintery!
Yes. Time so runs!!!

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
I always buy a Poinsettia plant for Christmas!
And my mum always made a fruit cake,when we lived in Melbourne!
I will try to make your recipe! Thank you for sharing all those beautiful ideas!
Have a happy December and and a cozy weekend!
Dimi...

Teresa said...

Gracias y feliz diciembre.

Ygraine said...

Wow...that Christmas pudding looks absolutely scrumptious!!
Thank you so much for this great recipe.:))

Have a Fabulous Weekend!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely Christmas menu. Have a nice weekend

Martha said...

Happy December! I wish you a wonderful month ahead. I've done some of my Christmas shopping but I'm not completely done. And I haven't started any preparations. I sent out an invitation to the family to come to our place for the holidays. When I know what our plans are, I'll begin to prepare...especially with the baking!

sandy said...

I would LOVE to see your house with the poinsettas all around. Sadly, for me, our family is so spread out and due to the fact that we live in the mountains and during December it is impossible almost for others to visit because the traffic coming up the mountain is crazy - everyone coming to the snow and to a resort area called Big Bear - which clogs up our two hwys to get there. so withi that said, i really don't decorate much anymore and we do manage to get down the mountain to spend a few hours with our one son who lives in California within an hour of where we live. I might decorate a little but we don't usually get into the spirit. However in the past we sure did when everyone was close by. wow that was one long sentence starting out, lol.

I have never had Christmas pudding.

Hope you share pics.

Chris Lally said...

Perfect post for this first day of December!
Can't wait to try the pudding. Thank you, Jan!!

DMS said...

Love the recipe for the Christmas pudding. I haven't ever tried Christmas pudding before- but it does sound good. :)
~Jess

William Kendall said...

Christmas pudding is one tradition we didn't have.

magiceye said...

'Tis the season for joy and the pictures look so yummy!

magiceye said...

'Tis the season for joy and the pictures look so yummy!

mamasmercantile said...

I am ready, but in fairness I am going away so started earlier than usual. A great Christmas pudding recipe.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I haven't started any Christmas preparations yet Jan and I have 25 coming for lunch! Think I'm still in the denial stage 😀😀 Somehow it all works out in the end and yes there will be poinsettias.. keep the Christmas lunch ideas coming 😀😀

carol l mckenna said...

Great post for the Holidays ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

Christmas shopping finished! Just preparing for food! Great post Jan! Thank you! Big Hugs!