Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2024

White Fish with Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts : Healthy, Low in Carbs


Sharing this lower carb baked fish and green vegetable meal you may wish to try.

Ingredients
(Serves 4)

500g Brussels sprouts, halved
350g Broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
120g feta cheese, crumbled
4 (150g each) firm white fish fillets
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Lemon wedges, to serve

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Combine Brussels sprouts, broccoli and 1 tablespoon oil in a large roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.

2. Sprinkle vegetables with feta. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

3. Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place fish on prepared tray. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.

4. Serve fish with vegetable mixture and lemon wedges.

Recipe from original idea here

It's great, healthy food to be enjoyed - I hope you do 😋

Alternative Recipe Suggestions
Vegetarian Choices, five recipe suggestions can be seen here
Vegan Choices, lower carb recipe suggestions can be seen here
Chicken, three favourite recipes you may like here
Pork, three low carb recipes here


~ enjoy your day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

21 comments:

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta, Te mando un beso.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for also including the vegetarian/vegan options.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know I would enjoy the meal.

Margaret D said...

Looks good Jan.

roentare said...

Your recipe in low car is always coming in handy

Elkes Lebensglück said...

good recept! Yummy

Greetings Elke

jabblog said...

A nice, light meal, enlivened with feta - I love feta:-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! Reading those ingredients, and seeing that beautiful dish, I'm now hungry for fish!

eileeninmd said...

Looks yummy, I do like the lemon pepper seasoning on fish.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Tom said...

...I've never had Brussels Sprouts that I enjoyed.

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks very delicious!

Angie's Recipes said...

Fish looks tender and delicious.

The Happy Whisk said...

That meal sounds good. I like the lightness of it.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I've never put sprouts with fish, I don't know why.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've been eating salmon and tilapia lately. I'm on a fish kick so this wounds good to me.

John's Island said...

Looks good, Jan, thanks for sharing! John

happyone said...

Sure looks good and healthy too.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

The fish looks very tasty.
I will never forget the wonderful taste of cod I ate in London. I would like to go back there one day just for such delicious fish...
Hugs and greetings.

Conniecrafter said...

I so wish I liked fish

Teresa said...

Se ve muy bueno, creo que me gustaría. Besos.