Total Pageviews

Friday 22 May 2020

Vegan Choices : Lower Carb Recipe Suggestions

As regular readers know, this blog brings a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, music and recipes! It is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. Our main focus is about the Low Carb Higher (Healthy) Fat lifestyle, LCHF for short, and you can read/find out more about that here

In recent months we have seen that more and more we have regular readers, and followers, who choose to eat vegetarian or vegan. I recently posted five vegetarian meal choices
here, today I post some vegan choices.


Falafels
Plant-based alternative to meat that's low-carb, high-protein and tastes great.
Just switch the spices for the falafel to make Italian; Greek; or Mexican flavoured keto vegan meals.
All versions are easy to make and freeze well.
more details here


Kebab Wraps with Garlic Sauce
These colourful low-carb vegan kebab wraps are a healthy and delicious plant-based protein source.
Perfect for lunch or dinner, a low-carb twist on a Middle Eastern delicacy.
more details here


Tempeh Burger with Portobello Bun
You’ll need two hands to tuck into this incredible lower carb vegan burger.
Tender, juicy and flavourful tempeh patties are topped with juicy fixings
and cradled between an easy Portobello mushroom bun.
more details here


Kale and Spinach Soup
Kale and Spinach are both very nutritious vegetables.
Why not try them together in this Vegan Style Kale and Spinach Soup.
more details here


Vegan power-balls with courgetti and cashew cheese
This popular recipe, uses ready-made courgetti, (or make your own), a tangy no-cook tomato sauce,
juicy 'meatballs' made with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and sticky dates, 
topped with a sprinkling of cashew vegan cheese.
more details here


flowers just go with any meal don't they!

Dear reader, this blog offers a wide variety of recipe/food ideas, not all may be suitable for YOU. If you may have any food likes / dislikes, allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.  

All the best Jan

34 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Some more tasty food ideas today. Have a nice evening, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

These recipes would make a nice change of pace

Tom said...

...I'll have a Tempeh Burger with Portobello Bun please.

Christine said...

A friend's 2 grown kids recently went vegetarian along with their wives.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice collection of healthy meals. I would like to try the kale and spinach soup.
Enjoy your day, happy weekend to you!

Mary Kirkland said...

All of those are good choices.

Lady Fi said...

Mouth-watering!

Lorrie said...

These look delicious. Usually vegetarian meals are so high carb that I avoid them, but I'm going to look for the pea powder to make the falafel.

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. I am vegetarian rather than vegan but all of these recipes look delicious.

Evi Erlinda said...

Tempeh burger is my favorite one. I love tempeh!

Teresa said...

Interesantes recetas. Un beso.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's such a long time since we had falafels. We need to put them back on the menu.

God bless.

Chris Lally said...

These ALL sound delicious! Thank you, Jan:)

Catarina said...

The flowers are beautiful and so are the meals. Love falafels. This a good time to learn how to make them.

Kaya said...

So creative and so delicious. I am not a vegetarian but all these recipes are so tempting to try.
Wish you a nice and peaceful weekend.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I would love to eat less meat

mamasmercantile said...

The soup sounds delicious.

Jo said...

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but these do still look tasty.

Margaret D said...

They do look nice.

DMS said...

YUM! This post is right up my alley. I love falafels- but have never made them. Thanks for sharing!
~Jess

sandy said...

i would definitely try those kebab wraps.

John's Island said...

Hi Jan, Greetings from Seattle! As you may know, we here in Washington State had the first case of Covid-19 in the USA. Our State Governor issued a “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order when we went on lockdown. I smiled as I was looking over your post here because our Governor would probably like to have included some of the dishes in his order. :-) They all look so healthy and delicious. A very nice post indeed. Well, you recently left a kind comment for me on my blog, John’s Island. I always appreciate your comments because they are kind and positive. Thank you so much! It was good to hear that all is well with you & family in the UK. I’m sending you best wishes from Seattle. Stay safe and be well. John

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my. I think I could gobble down all of these. Thanks for featuring.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.

JFM said...

Thank you Jan.
I appreciate your info and help ☕

My name is Erika. said...

Falafel is one of the yummiest foods. These recipes looks great!

R's Rue said...

Yes to falafel.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd gladly eat any and every one of these. They all look SO tempting and you definitely can dine great on vegan fare.

Caty said...

Great recipes !! Love specially the spinach soupe.
Thanks so much for sharing
Have a great new week
Big hugs, Caty

Miss Val's Creations said...

All yummy treats! We have attempted falafel making a couple of times. It has never come out quite like a restaurant. We tried a great boxed mix that was super delicious but our tummies did not not like it afterwards! Someday we will get it right. I wonder if the spices have to be just right to make digestion easy.

Debbie said...

i had falafel once and i did not care for it, it was spicy!! the spinach soup would definitely hit the spot for me, i love soup!!

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com said...

Nice recipes. We love so much falafel !

Snowbird said...

So many lovely dishes, I'm going for the spinach and kale soup as I have both growing so can pick fresh from the garden.xxx

Martha said...

So many tasty ideas!

Bob Bushell said...

Since I become a semi-vegan, the things to eat is plenty. You have shown me such ideas. Thanks Jan.