Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 May 2020

Fish contains important nutrients : Three recipe suggestions

Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. Fish is also the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain. Fish is delicious and easy to prepare, for this reason, it should be relatively easy to incorporate it into the diet. Eating fish 1-2 times per week is considered sufficient to reap the benefits. If possible, choose wild-caught fish over farmed. Wild fish tends to have more omega-3's and is less likely to be contaminated with harmful pollutants. That being said, even if eating farmed fish, the benefits still far outweigh the risks. All types of fish are good for you.


Searching for some fish recipe ideas?
Here are three you may like to try

Fish Casserole with Mushrooms and French Mustard
more details here


Easy Bake White Fish With Leeks and Cheese
more details here


Fish Omelette : For Lunch, Tea or Supper
more details here


A variety of recipe ideas and articles are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I like fish much better than meat. Valerie

Tom said...

...I enjoy fish, but it has become so expensive here!

Christine said...

I should eat more fish.

Elephant's Child said...

Fish omelette? That is entirely new to me - and intriguing. Thank you.

kathyinozarks said...

I love fish-thanks for the recipes and Happy weekend coming up

CJ Kennedy said...

I love fish. We don’t’ have it often at home, but love it when we go out to eat.

Susan Kane said...

Delicious! Love them all. Will cut and paste as usual.

Martha said...

All wonderful meals. I always enjoy a dish with fish in it.

Jeanie said...

Thanks for the links to the fish recipes. I cook fish so badly -- maybe these will help!

Buttercup said...

The leeks and cheese recipe looks so good. I've been eating a lot of fish. I was raised eating it and it's one of my favorite foods.

Conniecrafter said...

I so wish that I liked fish, my hubby likes many kinds but the smell alone just turns my stomach.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I am big fish fan

Margaret D said...

Love fish.

Jo said...

We had fish every Friday when I was a child, we had a fish man who used to come round and my mum would always buy off him. Sadly, it's something I don't cook very often as my family aren't keen, I should make more of an effort to make it for myself I suppose.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like fish. Especially fish and chips. And kippers too.

God bless.

RO said...

Apparently you've jumped inside my brain because I was just talking about wanting some new ideas to prepare fish, and I thank you so much! Air Hugs, RO

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love fish and have been trying to eat more fish meals. Thanks for sharing these recipes, they look delicious.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We ate fish last night but we just pan fry it and keep it simple! Sure tastes good with a little lemon squeezed on top! Thanks for the recipes!

mamasmercantile said...

Three great recipes, I am a great fan of fish.

Sally said...

I love all recipes for fish. These are great! Thank you. :)

xoxo

R's Rue said...

Yum

Kaya said...

I saved all these recipes for future. I am not a big fan of fish but the recipe is so great and so appealing that I will try it some day.
All the best to you from me!

Debbie said...

i really enjoy all types of fish and have been encouraged to eat it because of the vitamin d benefits. people with multiple sclerosis have been found to be vitamin d deficient!!