Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 May 2020

Wrapped Salmon With Dijon Mustard & Mascarpone Sauce : Low Carb Keto


Gino D'Campo says "are you looking for a delicious salmon recipe with a difference? If you are, you’ve found it! Here’s my wrapped salmon with Dijon mustard & mascarpone sauce for you to enjoy.

For many people, salmon is the king of fish – it has a firm, meaty texture and a beautiful pink colour. It’s really versatile, too – it can be baked, poached, steamed, fried or flaked into stir-fries, pasta or risotto. It’s known as a brain food because of its high Omega 3 content, as well as being rich in vitamin D and minerals. This is a delicious way to get all the family eating fish – creamy, comforting and delicious."

Ingredients
Serves Four 
1 Courgette, Trimmed
400g, Cut Into 4 Pieces Skinless Salmon Fillet
40g Salted Butter
100ml Hot Vegetable Stock
1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
50g (Reduced Fat) Mascarpone Cheese
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, Finely Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
To Taste Salt

To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6.
2. Using a potato peeler, slice 8 wide ribbons from the courgette lengthways and set aside.
3. Lightly season each salmon fillet with salt and wrap 2 courgette ribbons around each fillet. Transfer the wrapped salmon to a baking tray measuring about 25 x 35cm and evenly dot the butter over. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
4. Dice the remaining courgette and put into a small saucepan. Add the vegetable stock, Dijon mustard, mascarpone cheese, dill and garlic salt and stir all together. Place the saucepan over a low heat and gently cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Make sure that the sauce doesn’t boil otherwise it will split.
5. Remove the salmon from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the mascarpone sauce over and around salmon.
6. Season with black pepper and serve immediately with vegetables of your choice.

Gino's Tip
Bake the salmon parcels seam side down to help prevent the parcels unravelling.
Nutrition Per Serving
Fat 26g Carbs 2g Fibre 1g Protein 23g
From an original idea seen here

Some other recipes featuring Gino D'Campo
Pea, mint and cheddar frittata, details here
Sicilian-style salmon with garlic mushrooms, details here
Tomato ragù, details here
Lemon Chicken, details here


Happy Eating, Bon Appetit and Mangiare Felice !

Dear reader, this blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, cartoons, music and recipes!

However, not all the food and recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Tom said...

...mascarpone sauce is a new one for me.

Jo said...

It looks like a nice summery recipe.

R's Rue said...

❤️

mamasmercantile said...

We eat a lot salmon but never with this sauce, we will be giving it a try.

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks delicious.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing. Take care, have a happy weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh yummy! so delicious looking ~ thanks ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

This looks wonderful!

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds very, very delicious. Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

A very different and tasty looking recipe. Thank you.

Jeanie said...

That looks super fabulous!

Caty said...

How delicious may be this salmon with dijon mustard !! We like salmon a lot, and we usually eat it grilled with a little olive oil, salt, parsley, lemon and garlic.
thank you very much for your recipes.
I wish you a very nice evening and Sunday too, stay safe and
Big hugs,
Caty

Buttercup said...

You've inspired me to get a piece of salmon. I usually have it every week for a few meals, but went with shrimp for a change this week. Take good care!

Bob Bushell said...

I'll have a Bon Appetit, thanks Jan.

Khaya Ronkainen said...

Oh, yum! Salmon is my favourite. I could eat it everyday, only I can't. :D But I love discovering new recipes, and I'll sure try yours soon. Thank you for another wonderful recipe!

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Fantastic recipe.. Have a nice day.. Be safe...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lucky me. I still have some Mascarpone Cheese . I just hope it's still good, because this sounds wonderful.

Ygraine said...

Oh WOW, this one really is for me!! I adore salmon...and mascarpone!😊😊
Thank you for this...think I've found tomorrow's lunch!!

Have a lovely day ( but where has our sun gone today?)...and stay safe.

Hugs xxx

Betty J. Crow said...

Looks very tasty. I will try this recipe. Thanks!

Martha said...

Oh yummy! Salmon is the best.

Debbie said...

i am not a lover of salmon, but this sounds like it would be good with any fish!!

Sue said...

Ooh lovely, I do like salmon, I've never tried it with mascarpone but it does sound good! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

sandy said...

I love anything with Dijon - ...I'll never forget the first time I made it when I was a young mom. We all loved it, especially one of my sons.

NatureFootstep said...

looks good but can´t try it due to allergy :(

Take care, stay safe!

DVArtist said...

Yuuuuumy. I wish I had this right now.

Magic Love Crow said...

My mom says thank you!!! Big Hugs!