Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 May 2020

Crustless Asparagus Quiche ... it really is great low carb food !



Yes, fresh asparagus is great ... fresh green beans are great, lets face it fresh vegetables are really good and we each have our favourites. However, on the odd occasion, I do sometimes use frozen or tinned ... like in this recipe.


Ingredients:
Serves 2-4
6 eggs
6 tablespoons of double (heavy) cream
One tin of whole asparagus spears 244 grams
1 heaped tablespoon of Jalapenos green peppers for extra zap - optional
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method:
Mix the eggs and cream together well in a bowl or Pyrex jug
Pour into a non stick baking dish 8" x 1.5"
Place the asparagus spears and optional Jalapeno green peppers
Place into a pre heated oven at 190C / Gas 5 and cook for twenty minutes.
Serve with a mixed salad.
Great low-carb food.

Check that the quiche is properly cooked by placing a knife in the centre, it should come out clean.
Also, as ovens vary just keep an eye on the quiche while cooking.
This quiche tastes delicious eaten hot or cold.


... now please excuse me as I sit down and enjoy!


Dear reader, please note that, not all the food and recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

35 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds good. I just had an omelette with asparagus and cheese, it was yummy, too!

Ygraine said...

WOW, this does look so appetising...I will definitely give it a try! 😊😊
I will omit the jalapeno peppers though...the last time I tried those, I ended up with second degree burns!! Lol
Many thanks for sharing...👍

Have a great weekend!

Hugs xxx

Tom said...

...a wonderful spring meal.

Christine said...

Sounds delicious! Love your flowers.

Debbie said...

this sounds wonderful, minus the jalapeno's, i have had enough zap!! hehehehe

those flowers are so pretty, i always enjoy fresh flowers at the table when eating!!!

Jo said...

Oooh yum, it looks delicious and you have me fancying quiche now.

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy quiche ~ ^_^

Be Well, Be Safe,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Elephant's Child said...

A frittata by another name? It looks excellent.
And yes, I also use frozen (and occasionally tinned) vegies.

sheila 77 said...

This looks easy and tasty, thanks Jan. I get some super new recipes here.

Jeanie said...

This looks great. I wonder how many spears of fresh would equal one tin... ? I cup chopped up?

Sue said...

This looks lovely, I do like a nice quiche! Take care and have a great weekend, Sue xx

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh that looks so darn good.

Evi Erlinda said...

This quiche is so delectable!
Yum!

happyone said...

That sure sounds good and what a pretty picture!

Lowcarb team member said...

Jeanie said...
This looks great. I wonder how many spears of fresh would equal one tin... ? I cup chopped up

Hello Jeanie
I'd probably use about 10-12 fresh thin asparagus spears …

Hope you enjoy a crustless quiche soon :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Now I'm hungry. Smile.

Chris Lally said...

Breakfast, lunch or dinner - quiche is king! Thanks, Jan:)

Kim said...

This looks amazing, Jan! We haven't gotten take out in months and our menu has become a bit boring. We're huge quiche fans and I believe I could actually make this. Thanks so much!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds wonderful. The crust is always the killer when it comes to calories and carbs. This would be great for anyone, even those who are NOT vegetarians.

Romance Reader said...

This looks so yummy and delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Bob Bushell said...

That is 'come and taste me' pie, lovely Jan.

Margaret D said...

OOH, that sound a lovely receipe.

Khaya Ronkainen said...

That crustless quiche is worth a try. I'm salivating already. :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks delicious. I would use broccoli instead of asparagus, which I don't like.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This looks like a great recipe, if only we could get some asparagus this year. The cool, damp, snowy spring seems to have put an end to the local crop and I have not seen it anywhere. I bought some imported from Peru, but it was quite awful. The stalks were the size of Giant Redwoods and the tips stringy and fibrous. I may have wait until next year for my asparagus fix.

Martha said...

This looks really delicious!

Natalia said...

Yummy meal, perfect for Spring!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So many tasty recipes on this Blog. Living with you must be Heaven. Your family is lucky.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

Yum, looks delicious. I always like to have a tin in the store cupboard too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds delish Jan, a bit like a frittata. I do enjoy eggs very much so look forward to this one. The vase of sweet peas is a delight 🌼

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jan - this is just a wonderful idea ... friends are getting me asparagus - which I positively adore. While - yes I agree with sweet peas ... delightful ... cheers Hilary

This N That said...

Looks wonderful..Yum

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks delicious!

Sally said...

I've been cooking more lately, and that sure does look good! Y'all have the best recipes! :)

xoxo

baili said...

looks amazingly DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must try one