Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach and artichoke : Keto : Low Carb


A spinach and artichoke filling is stuffed into a chicken breast and baked. Result? A creamy, savoury centre surrounded by moist chicken and crispy skin. Served with a refreshing, light side salad it is gourmet keto fare you can easily make at home. 

Ingredients
Serves Four
9g carbs per serving
Chicken breasts
4 chicken breasts, bone-in with skin (about 8 oz each)
4 oz. (110g) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 oz. (50g) mozzarella cheese, shredded (grated)
2 oz. (50g) parmesan cheese
10 oz. (275g) canned artichokes, chopped and drained
4 oz. (110g) frozen spinach, chopped
1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil, for the baking dish and on top of the chicken
Dijon vinaigrette
3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Salad
1 Romaine (Cos) lettuce head, chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ red onion, divided and thinly sliced

Instructions can be seen here



Romaine, or Cos lettuces as they are also known, have a long, oval head of tightly packed crisp leaves.
Little Gem is a miniature version.

Cos Lettuce is believed to have originated on the Greek Island of Kos.

Romaine (Cos) lettuce is an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), vitamin K, folate and molybdenum. In addition, romaine lettuce is a very good source of dietary fibre, manganese, potassium, biotin, vitamin B1, copper, iron and vitamin C. It is also a good source of vitamin B2, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B6, phosphorus, chromium, magnesium, calcium and pantothenic acid. 
Romaine (Cos) lettuce will keep for five to seven days. To clean lettuce, first remove the outer leaves and with one slice cut off the tips of the lettuce since they tend to be bitter. Chop the remaining lettuce to the desired size and discard the bottom root portion. Rinse and pat dry or use a salad spinner if you have one available to remove the excess water.
Read more here

Some other recipe suggestions
Chicken, Mozzarella and Parma Ham, a delicious low carb meal - details here
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Roasted Red Pepper, Capers and Herbs - details here
Aubergine / Eggplant Melts, they are low carb, keto and vegetarian - details here
Greek Artichoke Cauliflower Rice Salad, low carb, keto, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan - details here

A variety of recipe ideas and articles are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...another way to enjoy chicken!

Elephant's Child said...

That stuffing sounds really interesting. I think it would be a lovely addition to a baked mushroom.

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks wonderful. Lucky I just had some Chinese food or I would be drooling again. Valerie

Jo said...

It looks delicious. Roast chicken dinner for us tonight.

Sally said...

The chicken breast's look amazing. I might 'try' that recipe. Try being, 'real' LOL

xoxo

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this looks sooooo good. I would have to make it for myself only, Mr. M. would not eat this.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

This recipe sounds fabulous, and a complete meal in one!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Jan. That dish really looks and sounds so good. It is always nice to find another way to fix chicken..Stay well..xxoJudy

Catarina said...

That looks fabulous!
: )

Sandra Cox said...

If I ate meat, this would be at the top of my list. It looks delicious.
Stay safe. Stay well.

Shari Burke said...

This sounds great!

Chris Lally said...

Sounds SO good! Thank you, Jan:)

Sue said...

Ooh this looks lovely, very posh chicken! Take care, Sue xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Interesting combination for chicken.

Chatty Crone said...

I copied the instructions!

Margarida Pires said...

Olá Jan!
Aprovadíssimo seu franguinho.
Um beijinho recheado de frescura.
Megy Maia🌈

Martha said...

Very yummy!

Diane said...

Fabulous recipe and helpful tip on cleaning lettuce Jan.

Hugs Diane

DeniseinVA said...

I like spinach and artichokes but have only had them in a dip or on their own. This looks like something I will enjoy trying. Thank you Jan and have a great week :)

Lee said...

It's a shame I've just had my lunch!! Oh! Well...in the words of Scarlett O'Hara..."Tomorrow is another day..." :)

sandy said...

I saw that Creme Brulee below and I would like some now.. Just finished dinner. This chicken recipe sounds wonderful!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Chicken is a favourite of ours. Any way it's cooked.

God bless.

Iris Flavia said...

I have bought artichokes a while and now have an idea what to do with them, thank you! :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The looks delicious, I always love a new recipe for chicken. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day!

Margaret D said...

That seems as if it would be nice.

Teresa said...

Una buena receta. Besitos.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so proud of myself. My granddaughter and I built a curry today! I thought you'd like to know. You post such marvellous food! People like yourself are so good in the kitchen!

Jeanie said...

These look good. I'll have to remember this for when I go back to chicken. (We have so much covid in packing plants I've sworn off chicken and meat for awhile.)

Lowcarb team member said...

Jenn Jilks said...
I'm so proud of myself. My granddaughter and I built a curry today! I thought you'd like to know. You post such marvellous food! People like yourself are so good in the kitchen!

Hello Jenn, many thanks for your comment and for letting me know about the curry you made with grand-daughter. I'm sure it tasted wonderful... well done

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

So good! Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!