2 oz. roasted red peppers with brine
1 tbsp. capers
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp ground thyme
½ tsp minced garlic
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 tbsp. chopped shallots (You can substitute onion for the shallot)
1/4 cup white wine
¼ cup (no salt) chicken broth
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. 190º C. Gas Mark 5
2. Peel and mince shallots and set aside.
3. Dice peppers.
4. In small bowl, mix peppers, capers, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
5. Slice horizontal pouch in each breast. Portion stuffing among the breasts, and stuff. Season breasts with salt and pepper.
6. In large, oven-proof skillet (frying type pan), add 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium-high. Sauté chicken 6 minutes per side.
7. Transfer skillet/pan to oven. Cook 6 minutes. Remove from oven and return to cook top.
8. Transfer chicken to plate and cover to keep warm.
9. Return skillet/pan to medium heat, add shallots and cook 1 minute. Add wine and broth, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
10. Return chicken to skillet/pan, cover, and simmer 2 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information - Per serving:
All the best Jan