Total Pageviews

Monday 18 May 2020

Vegetarian Choices : Five Recipe Suggestions

Now, I enjoy eating meat, but I know there are readers who do not. In fact a friend of mine makes it a rule to go 'meatless' one evening each week! We each have to choose our eating choices, habits etc and which recipes we include in our meal plans.

This blog does offer a wide variety of recipe ideas, for your consideration, and by doing this it should be pointed out that not all may be suitable for YOU. If you may have any food likes / dislikes, allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account.

If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter ...

Now, having said that, many have tried one, or all, of these five recipe suggestions and say they are tasty dishes, perhaps you may give one/some a try soon!


Posh Roasted Vegetables : The Mary Berry Way
This vegetarian recipe suggestion from Mary is a different take on a classic ratatouille with the vegetables arranged prettily in a dish, and you serve it in slices. More details here


Aubergine / Eggplant Melts
Choose a glossy, plump aubergine (eggplant) to make this warming vegetarian main course.
More details here


Celeriac and Walnut Gratin
This dish does make a great vegetarian main meal, or you can have it as a side dish;
the choice is yours dear reader. More details here


Greek Artichoke Cauliflower Rice Salad
This low carb cauliflower rice salad is simple to make and is always a huge crowd pleaser.
More details here


Soup au pistou with walnut pesto
A bowl of vegetarian deliciousness, this is a classic Provençal vegetable soup, 
with a rich, earthy walnut pesto twist.
Perfect for warming up cooler nights. More details here


Hope you enjoy these choices
All the best Jan

35 comments:

Jeanie said...

Normally I don't think of soups when it gets warm but yesterday and today have been so rainy and coldish that the soup with the pesto looks extra good. We had veggie soup last night and Rick had made bread so it was kind of perfect. Lots of good things here.

Catarina said...

Great choices!!

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much for doing veggie choices. They all look wonderful.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Chris Lally said...

YUM X 5! They all look and sound wonderful, Jan. Thank you:)

Divers and Sundry said...

All of these look tasty, and several -the eggplant, for example- are dishes I don't ever make. Thanks for suggesting a variety :)

Jo said...

Some lovely recipes to try there.

Christine said...

I so enjoy your eggplant melts to this day!

R's Rue said...

Yum to all.

eileeninmd said...

What a wonderful selection, the first two sound delicious!
Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

JFM said...

I said "yummy!"
Hubby said "where's the meat"!!!

Tom said...

...the Eggplant Melts are favorites here.

Shari Burke said...

This is a delicious looking collection of recipes!

John M said...

Some great ideas, thanks.

Valerie-Jael said...

These all sound wonderful! Thanks! Valerie

DUTA said...

The displayed dishes look very appetizing!
I have no problem turning vegetarian, even vegan, but I'm afraid to do so. I believe eggs, fish, meat have the best quality protein - and we need it.

sandy said...

Lots of healthy delicious choices. It's chilly today - cloudy and chance of rain. I see a few on there that would be good for dinner.

Caty said...

What delicious meals !! Thank you very much for sharing them. I like all vegetables, so I like all these recipes, I have prepared some ones similar.
Happy new week, stay safe and
Big hugs,
Caty

DVArtist said...

Every dish looks and sounds do good. I may try a few of these.

Elephant's Child said...

YUM. And thank you.

Bill said...

Wonderful choices.

happyone said...

My favorite is the roasted vegetables. Any roasted vegetables are soooo good.

Sally said...

They all sound and look so good.

Thank you for this; I needed something new to try!

xoxo

magiceye said...

They all look lip smackingly delicious!

aussie aNNie said...

Most interesting recipes, love the look of them and now to try them.xx

Pam said...

I love meat also....esp red meat. Being O positive I feel the blood call to me when I need that red meat....Love roasted veggies too.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I think I would enjoy each and every recipe! The older I get the more I seemed to crave vegetables and I am also trying to eat less meat.

Sue (this n that) said...

Thanks Jan, appreciate the recipes.
I've been doing more meatless meals of late and so your heading caught my eye! xx

Margaret D said...

Plenty to choose from there and they do look nice.
Meat eater here every night.

Linda said...

I need to take notes. Sometimes I cannot find any decent meat left in the grocery store. People are still hoarding it here.

Icy BC said...

These amazing dishes made my stomach goes wild with cravings. I ate very little meat, but lots of veggies.

Thank you for stopping by to check on me. You're very kind!! Stay safe..

baili said...

lots of compelling dishes dear Jan :)

specially cauliflower rice sounds unfamiliar
i eat too little bit mutton though hubby and kids love it
vegetables are my thing
more blessings to you and family!

Snowbird said...

Oh, so many lovely recipes that I can easily veganise. Good job we all have plenty of time for cooking!xxx

Lorrie said...

Lots of delicious looking recipes here, Jan. We like meat, but try to go meatless one or two days each week.

Miss Val's Creations said...

These all sound delicious! That take on ratatouille is so beautiful in the dish. That salad looks amazing. I will print that one up!

Martha said...

These all sound delicious!