Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 March 2017

Sicilian-style salmon with garlic mushrooms


Gino D'Acampo says, "bring the flavours of Sicily to your plate with this simple fish supper,"

Ingredients:
For One
For the Sicilian-style salmon

100g/3½oz salmon
fillet, skin removed
1 lime
, juice only
olive oil, for drizzling
½ tsp dried chilli 
flakes
1 tsp ground paprika

salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mushrooms and broccoli

1 tbsp olive oil

100g/3½oz button mushrooms, sliced
100g/3½oz broccoli, 
chopped
1 garlic
clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
, optional

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
2. Put the salmon fillet on a lightly oiled baking tray. Drizzle over the lime juice and a little olive oil. Sprinkle with the chilli flakes and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and stir-fry until cooked to your liking. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, then stir in the parsley. Serve immediately with the salmon

Recipe idea from here


All the best Jan

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy, this sounds soooooo good gain - thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

only slightly confused said...

Salmon is my favourite fish...followed closely by Steelhead Trout.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I bet my husband would love this- going to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

This looks good!

Nina said...

This looks os yummy, Jan! We've got salmon, and thinking about garlic mushrooms makes my mouth water.
I tried a new recipe - a tofu curry - this week... I need to take a snapshot of the dish next time I make it, and post it on my blog.
I'm always inspired by your recipes - thanks so much!

This N That said...

I love Salmon and this looks delicious..A lot of ingredients(trouble) for one person..I don't cook (rarely) so I don't have all those things on hand..Sounds yummy though..I need a personal chef ;)

Sandra Cox said...

That picture just makes you want to jump right in it, doesn't it?
Before I became a vegetarian, salmon was one of my favorites.
Enjoy your weekend.

Tom said...

...looks might good!

William Kendall said...

I tend to have an aversion to seafood, but I suppose you could make this with lamb or chicken.

JFM said...

Sounds wonderful...Wish hubby would eat fish but it will never happen 🐟
Have a lovely weekend Jan 💕

Ela said...

Oh, what a tasty dish! I love these colorful tasty extras !!
Happy weekend !

Lisabella Russo said...

What a beautiful painting! I have a fish substitute and I love mushrooms, so perhaps I could try a version of this dish, thank you...

Martha said...

Looks fabulous! I always enjoy a good salmon dish.

Linda said...

This looks sensational, Jan, and the painting is lovely!

DeniseinVA said...

Yum, salmon is one of my favorite fish and I love the illustration at the bottom of your post. Thank you Jan :)

happyone said...

Certainly looks good. Beautiful picture too.

Dewena said...

I'm printing this recipe, am always looking for a different salmon recipe as it is my favorite!

Magic Love Crow said...

Sounds so good! Love the painting too!