Total Pageviews

Friday 17 March 2017

Friday ... let's take five


Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016
Matthew Cattell - Starling Vortex, Brighton, East Sussex
This "intriguing" image of starlings swirling around the remains of Brighton's West Pier
scooped the top prize ... I wonder how many starlings there are!  


The GREAT Britain #OMGB Award Winner
Mark Gilligan - Finding Gold, Wast Water, Cumbria


Youth Urban view - Winner
Henry Memmott - City Lights, Glasgow, Scotland


Youth Classic view - Winner
James Bailey - Hoarfrost over Herringfleet Mill, Suffolk

There were quite a few different categories and many lovely photo's.
I've only shown four, more to see here and here

... and really could it be a Jan post without a recipe!


Provençal Chicken, is a favourite : Especially for low carbers - LCHF 
you can find the recipe here

Did you have a favourite photograph out of this Friday Five?
Did you prefer one that I haven't shown? (Check out the links...)

Happy Friday Wishes, and good wishes for the weekend too
All the best Jan

23 comments:

only slightly confused said...

Some folks have quite an eye for composition.

Jo said...

They're all amazing photos, there's so many talented people out there.

Martha said...

Such beautiful images! I especially love the one with the rainbow.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Beautiful pictures, quite stunning xx

Tom said...

...wow, what a collection.

JFM said...

Beautiful and refreshing post...thank you Jan. I wondered what I would see and visit on the internet today. I had a lovely visit here~

Hugs!!!

Conniecrafter said...

I would have to say that the rainbow shot is my favorite, wow is that ever cool!!! My hubby likes to take pics of the light streaks so that would probably be his favorite :)
Wishing you a fabulous and fun weekend ahead!!

Debbie said...

i really loved all of the images and yes, jan deserves to be there!!!

i could NOT pick a favorite!!!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Great images. No wonder there are so many winners. Thanks for sharing. And oooo I love the look of that chicken

Susan Kane said...

Truly prize winners!

Anonymous said...

What terrific photos and a good looking recipe. I wish you a nice weekend.

Christine said...

Enjoyed the photos, wow. And thanks for the yummy recipe!

William Kendall said...

The second of those photos you've featured really is my favourite.

Phil Slade said...

I do like all of the photos. They are all very accomplished even if there is quite a lot of Photoshopping going on. I don't think you used Photoshop on the chicken dish though. it looks very authentic. Good enough to eat I reckon.

Enjoy yopur weekend folks. Go easy on that plonk - just like me.

Snowbird said...

I enjoyed all of those wonderful pictures, if I had to choose, my faves would be the starlings and the hoarfrost over Herringfleet mill. xxx

Revrunner said...

Such fabulous photographs!

Blue Grumpster said...

Have a great weekend, Jan :)

Lisabella Russo said...

What lovely photographs! Thank you!

Faye said...

Amazing photos. Thanks for visiting my blog via Jan. PS It took 6 tries to get all the Captcha things right.

Stephanie said...

Such beautiful and amazing photos, Jan! Thank you for such a lovely post.

Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs to you!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Great photos! My favourites are the second and the fifth one. :)
Have a happy weekend! xx

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning images! Wow! Thank you for the recipe! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Lisa said...

Utterly stunning photos, some people are just so talented.
Thanks for sharing.
Lisa x