Total Pageviews

Friday 3 March 2017

Fish and Ratatouille Tagine


Can you believe it, no sooner was it Monday and now Friday is here again! For many it's the last day of the working week. What better day than to enjoy this fish dish ...

Ingredients:
Serves Four
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
2 aubergines, cubed
2 courgettes, sliced in half lengthways and cut into half-moons
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
½ lemon, sliced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
pinch saffron
600ml fish stock
600g sea bream fillets, cut into chunks
4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped

Method:
1. Heat the olive oil in a lidded casserole or *tagine and cook the onion until softened. Add the garlic,aubergines, courgettes and peppers in that order, cooking each for a minute before adding the next.
2. Add the lemon, cumin and turmeric and stir through to coat the ingredients.
3. Stir the saffron
into the fish stock and pour over the vegetables. Place the fish fillets in the pan on top of the vegetables then add the tomatoes.
4. Season then place on the lid, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
5. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve.

Each serving contains:
Carbohydrate 13.6g Protein 31.5g Fibre 7.6g  Fat 14.6g

Recipe idea from here

*Tagine is the Moroccan word that refers to both the unique glazed earthenware vessel with a distinctive conical lid and also the food prepared in it.
Traditionally used by nomads as portable ovens over charcoal braziers for making stews, usually containing meat, the tagine is used for both cooking and serving, but care should be taken to protect your table when using the tagine as a serving dish as the base will be very hot.

We bring a variety of recipe ideas to this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.


All the best Jan

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks good, I'm only not drooling because I had fried fish for lunch! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan and friends! Happy Friday. Thank you for another unique and tasty meal suggestion. Enjoy the weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am just amazed at how fast the week flies by. This fish casserole looks delicious.

I always enjoy the recipes you share. Happy weekend to you!

Tom said...

...I've been eating a lot of fish over here.

Christine said...

Healthy and yummy, thanks!

William Kendall said...

Admittedly I'm not really into fish.

Lisabella Russo said...

This looks yummy, I think I could definitely make it with a fish substitute, thank you for the idea!

JFM said...

Looks delish!!! Hubby won't touch fish so I guess this is one I will have to pass on:(

Big Hugs

Carla from The River said...

Hi Jan,
I always appreciate the new ideas you give me for cooking. My family appreciates it too.


I have exciting news. In January, I applied to take the UW Madison Master Gardener Course. I have been accepted. I start class on Tuesday.
I am excited and nervous at the same time. It is been awhile since I have been to school. ;-)
I will be adjusting my blog schedule until I get use to going back to school.
In case you do not hear from me, know that I will return and your blog friendship is special to me.

Love, Carla

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy! Thank you!