Total Pageviews

Friday 31 March 2017

Green Eggs and Ham Omelette : LCHF


Green eggs I can hear you say ...
Well you can add a little green to your breakfast favourite with this easy green eggs and ham dish.
It's a speedy and satisfying brunch that packs flavoursome pesto, ham and creamy Edam into a most nutritious omelette.
With the weekend coming, why not give it a try!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
8 medium free-range eggs
20g (3/4oz) unsalted butter
1 x 130g tub fresh pesto
240g Wiltshire cured ham, chopped
250g Edam slices, chopped
fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)

Method:
1. Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl, add 30g (1oz) pesto, a little salt and pepper for seasoning and mix thoroughly with a fork.
2. On a medium heat, add 5g (1/4oz) butter to a small 20cm (8in) non-stick frying pan. Once melted add the eggs and using a spatula move the eggs around to slightly scramble. Allow to settle so that the bottom of the pan is covered completely.
3. Add 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of cheese to the pan. Turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
4. Gently slide the omelette onto a plate and fold over in half. Give the pan a wipe with some kitchen paper and repeat the process again to cook the next omelette.

Each serving:
Carbohydrate 1.8g Protein 45.5g Fibre 1.3g Fat 46.5g

Note:
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, babies, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook until the whites and yolks are solid.

Original recipe here

If you prefer to make your own pesto see here

A variety of recipe ideas are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

9 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Green and all it sounds good to me.

Tom said...

...green eggs just don't sound appetizing to me.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds very yummy, I think you have inspired me for tomorrow's brunch! Hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

It may be green but it looks delicious...I love Dr. Seuss! I wrote a poem a while back with green eggs and ham as my inspiration! Maybe I will post it soon~
Have a Great Weekend~

Conniecrafter said...

My husband teases me because I just like my eggs by themselves not mixed with anything, yes I am a strange person, LOL!

Gloria Baker said...

love omelette!

Margaret D said...

Couldn't come at looking at that in the mornings..oh dear.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Great title for the post, Jan! It looks delicious!

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so good! Thanks so much!