Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 March 2013

Time marches on !

My brother was scanning some old photographs today, and sent me a few, the first photo around 40 years ago, before time, age and decrepitude crept up on me. I had forgotten how good looking I was when I was young LOL. I never had an issue with weight, and diets never crossed my mind, until I became a diabetic (5 years ago to the day on Monday) and obese. At diagnosis I weighed over two hundred pounds and at 5ft 7” that is obese I can tell you. Last year my wife took the second pic. Over 50lbs lighter. And four years on 50 carbs per day diet. Looking back at the old photograph, I appear to be in better shape 40 years on. As I often tell people, type two diabetes can be a life sentence, not a death sentence. It certainly kicked me up the butt.

Eddie






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're certainly looking very trim there! An inspiration :)

Galina L. said...

Great shape, Eddie!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies, I won’t let it go to my head. I appreciate Johnny Depp won’t be seeing me as opposition.

Kind regards Eddie

Anonymous said...

OMG You look good too Eddie

Gina

Anonymous said...

Is that a "WANTED" poster of you?

Hope the Police catch up with you. You must have been at the back of the queue when looks were dished out.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello shy one, I see your therapy is going nowhere. You do love your petty taunts don’t you. Glad I have given you something to do today.

Tat ta

H

Anonymous said...

Pot, kettle. You judge people by their looks on this blog. I think you are ugly.

Lowcarb team member said...

You are right I am ugly, but I’m one hell of a stud.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Anonymous Ugly troll said...
Pot, kettle. You judge people by their looks on this blog. I think you are ugly.

Do I detect a bit of envy there sunshine, I'll bet your really an ugly fat troll.

Kind regards
Graham