Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Autumn the 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'

Autumn is one of my favourite seasons, and is the time of year that Keats called the 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'. Yes, autumn is a season famous for its harvest times, turning leaves, cooling temperatures and darkening nights.

Within this post I share a few Autumnal pictures, I hope you enjoy them.

Autumn Trail Ashridge, Hertfordshire (an old image)

Autumn in the New Forest, Hampshire (picture taken a few years ago)

autumn leaves laying in puddles, and the UK has had a lot of rain recently

conkers, a typical autumn sighting : photo credit - yen milne

and Winnie the Pooh made me smile in this Autumn themed giphy

xxx ooo xxx

You may like to try this Autumn recipe for 
Roasted Carrot and Apple Soup with Toasted Seeds
more details here


You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team

All the best Jan

9 comments:

Tom said...

...autumn is a special time of year.

chica said...

É mesmo lindo o OUTONO e suas cores! Adoro! beijos, chica

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

chica said ...
AUTUMN and its colours are really beautiful! Love! Kisses, Chica

HappyK said...

The Fall photos are fantastic. Such a beautiful time of year.

My name is Erika. said...

It's my favorite season too. Those are really lovely photos.

J.P. Alexander said...

A mi me gusta el otoño aunque en mi aos solo hay dos estaciones definidas me gusta la de lluvia. Te mando un beso.

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

J. P. Alexander said ...
I like autumn although in my years there are only two defined seasons, I like the rainy season. I send you a kiss.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is a wonderful time of year.
Nice photographs, winnie did make me smile and the soup looks tasty.

Tina

Rose said...

I LOVE your autumn photos...it is just the best time of year...