Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Christine Cashin Dietition aka Ally 5555 aka sister scurvy !

Ally 5555 Today, 4:15 pm

"I eat around 30-35% fat . 15% protein and the remainder as CHO - not sugar but mainly wholegrain bread, baby potatoes with skin , pasta occ and brown rice, pulses and fruit. I would struggle to eat more fat as I actually do not like fat very much - but I use butter, olive oil , mayo.

I am slim , have no health issues along with the rest of my family.
The key for me is no sugar and occ treats. I must be the only woman on earth that hates chocolate!

I use around 40% CHO for my pts and get great results with many. Some take no notice of anything any one tells them - but that is the same with many health issues such as smoking.

I will help pts if they want to low carb but they will get the benefit of me looking at their diet in detail - not just the carbs etc.
I am suprised at the quantities of mayo people seem to eat - it spoils food.
I mentioned the paleo thing as so many seem to be in to that as well!"

So, our non diabetic dietitian can consume around 50-55% carb and her patients 40% carb.
The big question is how many, and how much meds are her patients on ? We will never get a straight answer of course, but it gives Ally something to do. I notice she has been busy deleting some of her more ridiculous posts on various forums. She is not as dumb as she makes out.

What some people will do to line their pockets eh ! The most dangerous and useless poster on any forum I have ever seen in my opinion, and I have seen a lot of numbskull's. But hey, think of the money eh !

Eddie


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought she said half her family are overweight her mother however is slim?
Anyway the wind blows. Don't hold your breath that woman has yet to say anything sensible

Lowcarb team member said...

If she had a proper job, she would be too busy to wind diabetics up.

Still someone has to keep the BS going !

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Another quote from Ally on Dr briffa's blog. "I am not advocating really high cho intakes but I have plenty of diabetics who are in the 150-200g low GI type food who have brilliant bs and good hbais – and they are happy!"

http://www.drbriffa.com/2007/07/11/shoddy-science-used-again-in-an-attempt-to-discredit-low-carb-eating/

Graham

Anonymous said...

The carbs certainly are an issue dependant upon their source - sugar is definately a major problem.

I find that people will lose wt eating reasonable amounts of CHO - this will of course vary from person to person but I really discourage this notion of treats per day.

As I have access to pts records and not everyone who is over wt has issues with abnormal lipids, glucose etc.

I have seen people put on wt who are not eating CHO by the way. Blaming carbs only is too simplistic - I see many who are eating a lot of sugar but consuming massive amounts of protein and fat as well- so the calories must count. The junk contains a lot of fat by the way.ally5555

Posts: 845
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 7:20 pm

What a post. What insight from this mega star. I can hardly contain myself.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yet another stunning quote from Ally. "Dennis potatoes are a good source of fibre and vit c - in fact i think a lot of kids who eat crap would have scurvy without crisps but thats another story."

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6588&p=56128&hilit=scurvy#p56128

Graham

Anonymous said...

LOL what's she got between her ears? Candyfloss?

Anonymous said...

"LOL what's she got between her ears? Candyfloss?"

I think it's more likely to be be mashed potatoes.

Anonymous said...

This is one of Ally's ridiculous post's Eddie was referring to.


"What do you miss from carbs - fibre ( that seems to be why constipation is a problem) folic acid and vit C ( pots) or and seratonin which increase from carb consumption and makes you happy - that might account for the loss of a sense of humour in alot of low carbers or is it the hangover from all the alcohol they seem to consume !"


I'll leave you with a comment from Dr Briffa in his response to one of Ally's rants on his blog;


Chris
"As usual, your last post is full of rhetoric, but devoid of substance or science. I’m not sure you’re doing the image of your profession" much good, quite frankly.

Graham