Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Oh no not the strawberry lowcarb sponge recipe again !


OK folks I know we have posted this recipe more than once, but there’s been an update. A day or so ago we received this email.

"Hi there, stumbled across your website whilst looking for low carb recipes, not because I'm diabetic but because I'm on a low carb diet.

It's great! Thank you so much! Simple recipes for lovely food.. my only comment would be that some of the recipes state microwave times only and as I live on a boat I don't have one!

Just made the base for strawberry sponge tonight and just 'winged' it and it baked beautifully in 20 mins at the top of my pre-heated oven (temperature difficult to tell, it's either on or off!)

Thanks again for a great website, I look forward to new recipes to try.."

Emma


Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
Half a  tub of clotted cream


Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix. Microwave in a 700watt for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick clotted cream and some sliced strawberries. Serves four. Less than five carbs per portion.


Thanks for taking the trouble Emma, Eddie

Check out more lowcarb grub here. http://www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely recipe, never get fed up with it. Interesting to see it can be 'baked' in an oven

Sarah