Total Pageviews

Friday 12 October 2012

Anti Lowcarbers have accused us of being booze sozzled geriatric alcoholics !


"More NHS money is spent treating alcohol-related illness in baby boomers than young people, a study says.
The Alcohol Concern report found the cost of hospital admissions linked to heavy drinking 55 to 74-year-olds in 2010-11 was more than £825m.
That was 10 times the figure for 16 to 24-year-olds.
In total, nearly £2bn was spent on alcohol-related in-patient admissions in England, the report found.
This comes as more than 10 million people in England are drinking above the recommended levels, according to the report"
One of the indicators for chronic alcoholism is high triglycerides. It’s no secret our team are drinkers, lowcarb booze of course. Anti lowcarbers have accused us of being booze sozzled geriatric alcoholics, but here’s an interesting thing. My highest trig count since lowcarbing was my last test, it came in at 1.1. The other guys average 0.5. The British Heart Foundation says we should aim for 1.8 or better. Right now I’m thinking, how much booze do you have to consume to get dangerously high trigs ? One hell of lot more than we drink for sure.
Anyway it's Friday, and I have had a long hard week, so I'm off to the Pub.
Eddie

7 comments:

tess said...

aw, i KNEW i liked you guys.... ;-)

more money spent on baby boomers than young people -- DUH!!! it's not like, decades of having drinks every day (as well as just plain LIVING) isn't going to end up with more damage than an occasional binge when you're in college?

have a low-carb drink at the pub for me! i like gin....

Lowcarb team member said...

"aw, i KNEW i liked you guys"

We like you Tess, thanks for your support.

How about writing a guest post here.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your drink down the pub Eddie.

It's Friday night and it's a fish bake tonight enjoyed with a glass or two of Rose Wine. My favorite is the gallo family the grenache or the zinfadel. You guys may prefer a pinot or chardonnay. Each to their own.....

Sarah

Anonymous said...

tess said ...
i like gin ...

Reminds me of a tv ad here in the UK.
Woman : My husband likes this tea (shows well-known brand.)He also likes this tea (shows cheaper store brand.)
(After pause)I don't like tea. I like gin.

Must be a female thing : )

Geoff

tess said...

hmmm, IS gin a female thing? my husband likes it too, but interestingly, we have different favorites.

Eddie, you honor me! i have no expertise, just a lot of opinions. ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess

Tell us your story and why you use lowcarb, tell us what it's done for you, and why you will stick with it.

Have a great weekend.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"hmmm, IS gin a female thing? my husband likes it too, but interestingly, we have different favorite"

My Mum still enjoys a G&T at weekends she is also partial to a Guinness or two through the week, I do try to warn her of the dangers of the demon drink but alas at the ripe old age of 96 she is to set in her ways to change.

Graham