Total Pageviews

Monday 29 October 2012

diabetes.co.uk Never a day without lowcarb good news !

"Hi,

Just got back from my first NHS clinic after getting diagnosed in July with type 2. I was off work for a month back then feeling terrible and had no idea what was wrong with me. The first week was hell in that I had all sorts of nasty symptoms (numbness in feet and arms, rapid heartbeat, drinking too much, stress, tiredness) and i was totally lost. My Dr told me too eat lots of fruit and healthily and my sugar levels went up 4 points after eating an apple! At this time my BG level was 19!

Help was at hand though as I found this forum and Daisy's initial advice saved me! I've been low carbing and exercising and just taking one met with dinner. I'm now at 6 (and I've lost 2.5 stones) and the nurse described it as miraculous!"


Join diabetes.co.uk and tell your good news story.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34320

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to see more good news.

It is still so important to keep spreading the good news and what can be achieved. There are some great healthcare professionals that are aware of the benefits of a low carb lifestyle. We need more to become aware, and with more of us diabetics experiencing first hand what a lower carb diet/lifestyle can bring, there will be more good news.

Anne