Total Pageviews

Friday 12 October 2012

"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh or they will kill you." Oscar Wilde

I pride myself in seeing the funny side and cracking a joke in almost any situation, but not this time. I read this forum post today and it sent a shiver down my spine. 

"For your own sakes don't be stupid and do what i did. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago as type 2. I denied it to myself as much as anything else and didn't look after myself properly. A few weeks ago I damaged my toe slightly and within hours had to deal with raging cellulitis in my foot. This resulted in my spending two weeks in hospital and coming really close to having limbs amputated - I was lucky in that I haven't had any thing cut off"

I appreciate anyone can suffer from  cellulitis, but foot conditions can be far worse for us diabetics.
So often un-controlled diabetes leads to limb amputation. In the UK the leading cause of non trauma amputation is diabetes. The tragic truth is, so much of this horror could be avoided. The reasons that lead to loss of limbs are many, and we constantly give those reasons on this blog. If you want to avoid the carnage, you must take control of your diabetes. You must make the effort and learn now ! Start today, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year, or it could be too late. Get your BG under control and to safe numbers !

The good news is, diabetic complications can be reversed, if, and it's a big if, you have not let problems progress too far. Always remember when receiving advice from anyone, to check that information out. Always remember it's your feet and your life. Get your diabetes under control and keep it under  control and you will not become a victim.


Diabetic foot

Eddie

3 comments:

Kay said...

I thought your heading was excellent, just wish I could express myself like this.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to be eating when reading through your post but have to agree that diabetic complications can be reversed, but you have to want to do this and give yourself to a change of lifestyle, especially eating patterns. This blog is well known for saying low carb is the way to go. It can be so easy why do people think it's difficult.

There is so much good information available just take some time to read and check as many articles as you can.

Anonymous said...

Diabetic complications certainly can be helped. I was running high bg number and my eyesight sufferd. I came to my sense lowered the carb consumption and the rest is history as my medical records would show Greatly reduced bg numbers and improved eyesight. Not sure about my feet, so far no problems.
I do take my health and well being more wisely now.
Read this blog alot
Chris

Lowcarb team member said...

My Father died from diabetic complications. If he had lived much longer he would have lost his foot, it was going black.

It looks terrible but not much pain, the nerves were all dead. He followed to the letter the info his HCP's gave him. By the time I became a diabetic and could have helped him, it was too late.

Eddie