Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Lowcarb antis, Liars, Loonies and Layabouts !


I had a quiet day of contemplation yesterday, and it occurred to me the lowcarb antis are either liars, loonies or layabouts, one thing is for sure, if they disappeared the forum would become a  very dull place. So often the antis have had me in pain, bent double at my desk, laughing so much I could hardly breath. Sometimes a friend will phone struggling to compose themselves to inform me about the latest stunt the antis are trying to pull, and very often it’s the funniest part of the day. What’s the shortest list in world ? The list of people on diabetes.co.uk who have thanked the antis for helping them. A piss poor joke eh, I can assure you It’s the way I tell em.

How many people join or post on the forum, I have done everything my healthcare team advised, I have followed my dietitions dietary advice, I have taken all the meds my Doctor prescribed and I have lost weight, have non diabetic BG numbers and the lipids of a kid ? Err…. that’s an even shorter list. Any diabetic telling us the standard dietary advice from the NHS, DUK or ADA has worked well, and restored their health, is either a liar, a loony or a layabout. The grim statistics published ad nauseum prove me right, but those antis provide much needed mirth in the sometimes depressing world that is diabetes.

Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner аnd I absolutеlу lοve your blog and find a lot of yоur ρoѕt's to be just what I'm loоking for.
Can you offer guest writers to wrіte content for уourself?
I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome website!