Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Beef-burger, delicious served with Mushrooms and Cheesy Leeks


It may be nice to prepare, cook, eat and enjoy the worlds finest steaks, or the worlds freshest line caught fish, but I recently prepared, cooked and ate a gourmet beef burger! Well I thought it was pretty gourmet … Gordon Ramsey … may not agree, but if you're interested I'll share this easy recipe with you - and feel free to amend it slightly. For example you may wish to add a teaspoon of mustard to the recipe or use different herbs - the choice is yours. That's the delight of cooking you can explore, invent, mix up the ingredients to better suit your palate. But here’s what I did.

Serves Two Decent Sized Burgers
250/300 gram lean minced beef
1 red onion chopped
1 egg yolk
1 - 2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried mixed herbs *
Salt and pepper to season

* I used dried herbs but if you have fresh ones even better

Simple Method
1. Just place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, then stir very well making sure it is well mixed.
2. Using your hands divide the mix and shape into two equal sized burgers.
3. Place on a baking tray and cook in a pre-heated oven at 200 or Gas Mark 6 for approx. 30 minutes. All ovens vary so check burgers at about 20 minutes and adjust cooking time as necessary. When cooking burgers in the oven it may be an idea to grease or line your baking tray ... helps with the washing up afterwards!

Just a thought - Optional
Some may like to sauté the onion first in oil or butter, then add it to the mince mixture

You can either have plain burgers or why not put some stilton cheese on top of the burgers, for the last 10 minutes of cooking and let it melt - it makes the burgers that extra delicious.

We enjoyed this dish served with some mushrooms cooked in butter, I use a small frying pan, with melted butter and cook on top of the hob.

For the cheesy leeks, I just sliced up two leeks (wash them first) placed them in a small ovenproof dish. Covered them with double cream and cooked in the oven for approx. 15 minutes. Take leeks out of oven and sprinkle with some grated cheddar cheese, return to oven for further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and it’s a slight golden brown colour - the leeks should be just soft.

Voila !
Enjoy!

Isn't the LCHF way of eating enjoyable and delicious!
(Well I would say that wouldn't I - but it is!)

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Jo said...

That looks fabulous, especially with the cheesy leeks, yum yum.

Tom said...

...for dinner some night!

DeniseinVA said...

A delicious combination Jan, thank you for another great recipe.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Oh - I like the look/sound of that! Thank you - might even dust off the apron and give it a try... :-)

JFM said...

Have to agree Jan...this looks delicious!!!

Have a lovely day 💕

Christine said...

This looks so good!

Liplatus said...

Attractive delicious picture!
Thanks for the food recipe!
Have nice week!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, I love the look of this! Hugs, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Looks delicious, I enjoy a burger once in a while! Have a happy day!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Looks totally irresistible! :)

Mary Kirkland said...

I still need to try Leeks. I've been trying more vegetables but haven't tried Leeks yet. This looks good.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

We like to make our own burgers, the cheesy leeks look very tasty xx

Lisa said...

It was only a couple of days ago I was trying to remember a local restaurant who made the most delicious burgers. I still miss then now.
Have a great week.
Lisa x

William Kendall said...

That looks good!

Lisabella Russo said...

I don't think I've tried leeks before, I think I'll look to see if our market has some...

Our photos said...

Wow, i like that !

Rue said...

This looks really good! I love a good burger :)

xo,
rue

happyone said...

Yummy. That looks like another delicious meal.

RO said...

You may have already noticed that I'm a cheeseburger addict, so this recipe called out to me minus the mushrooms. Thanks so much! Hugs...

Martha said...

This looks really good!

River said...

I usually fry my burgers and have found that raw onions tend to make the burger fall apart during the frying, so cooking the4 onion before adding is a good idea. These days I leave the onion out of the mix altogether and fry them separately, then pile them on the burger on the plate.

Margaret D said...

Looks good, would have to leave the leeks though - love them but they don't love me.

Linda said...

This looks great, Jan!

Debbie said...

this sounds GREAT and wouldn't need a bun!! i love the addition of mushrooms!!

Kezzie said...

Phwoar, cheesy leeks look amazing!!! Yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Anonymous said...

Makes John and I hungry just looking at the photo.
Have a lovely evening.

Conniecrafter said...

sounds like a wonderful meal!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Yes!! Totally yummy!!