Total Pageviews

Friday 12 May 2017

Steak with Oven-Roasted Vegetables


This dish has some fabulous flavours and although the picture and recipe show rib eye steak, this dish may also be made using pork shoulder, chicken or fish! You really do get all the flavour and satisfaction in this meal without too much hassle! Just perfect, a dish where you don't have to spend all day in the kitchen ... and hey, it's Friday some may even want to enjoy a glass of wine with it ... optional of course!


Ingredients:
Serves Four
10g carbs per serving
1 lb /450 g broccoli
1 whole garlic
10 oz. / 280 g cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried thyme or dried oregano or dried basil
1½ lbs / 700 g ribeye steak
salt and pepper


Anchovy butter
1 oz. / 28 g anchovies
5 oz. / 140 g butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper


Tip!
You can make this dish with pork shoulder, chicken or fish. Adjust the time in the oven accordingly. For even more variation, and perhaps you are not keen on anchovy why not use another 
flavoured butter

Please see cooking instructions at Diet Doctor site here

(Image credit: Christine Gallary)

If you are shopping for steak, you may like to see this article by Christine Gallary she writes:

"Let's talk steak — a big, beautiful slab of beef. I used to only eat steak when my parents treated us to an old-school steakhouse, and while I relished every minute of those meals, the menu always intimidated me. What was the difference between a New York steak and a ribeye? Why was filet mignon so freakin' expensive?

Whether you cook steak at home or save it for a special occasion out like we did, it's important to know your high-end steak cuts. Here are the four most popular ones, and we'll cover where they're cut from, what they taste like, and how best to cook them. Are you ready for your steak primer? Let's go!"

... and you can go over to see Christine's article and more
here


Cheers and Bon Appetit !

All the best Jan

    20 comments:

    Adam said...

    My wife likes steak anything

    Tom said...

    ...looks mighty good.

    Martha said...

    This looks great. I love all the veggies in it. And cherry tomatoes! Mmmm

    R's Rue said...

    Love.

    Jo said...

    It looks fabulous. There was a time when I ordered steak whenever we went out for a meal, not so much now so it's a bit of a treat when I do have it.

    only slightly confused said...

    As long as it's got beef in it, I'm there.

    Valerie-Jael said...

    You've made me hungry again! Hugs, Valerie

    Conniecrafter said...

    Looks good, and I do love recipes that I don't have to spend forever in the kitchen, great for when we have friends over :)
    Have a great weekend!!

    JFM said...

    Looking delicious again!!!
    Now my toast looks pathetic :)

    Hugs
    Jan

    The Happy Whisk said...

    Hold the cow, pass the veggies and I'm in. Yum.

    Unknown said...

    This looks awesome. A well planned low carb diet plan is one of the best things to follow in life.

    Christine said...

    One of my favourite kinds of meals!

    Susan Flett Swiderski said...

    I just bought a 2" thick rib eye steak from the butcher yesterday. It's plenty big enough for my hubby and me to share, but I'll be broiling it. (Unless I can convince him to throw it on the grill.)

    I looked at that other article about steak cuts. The tenderloin in the picture has a LOT more marbling that what we can buy here. What's available here is way too lean. Yeah, I know lean is better for us, but if the flavor is missing, so am I. :)

    happyone said...

    Oh I like these kinds of meals.

    Gloria Baker said...

    this look amazing and delicious Jan.
    By the way I saw your link about Devonshire, love it, my Mom loves scones..
    Hugs!

    DeniseinVA said...

    Looks delicious Jan, flavors do sound very tasty.

    Dianna said...

    That looks so yummy, Jan. Makes me hungry...and it hasn't been that long since I ate. haha

    Have a wonderful evening.
    Dianna

    Linda said...

    The presentation is lovely!

    Lisa said...

    Can't remember the last time I had steak, what a delicious treat that would be, especially if someone else did the cooking.
    Lisa x

    Magic Love Crow said...

    Yes please!! Love!!