Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 May 2017

Low Carb Treat : Port Wine Dark Chocolate Fat Bombs


If you should have some port wine at the back of a cupboard, then you may want to consider using two tablespoons of it in this low carb chocolate treat recipe for port wine and dark chocolate fat bombs! They are super simple to make and will keep indefinitely in the freezer. Also these port wine and dark chocolate fat bombs have less than 1/2g of carbohydrate. Yes, you read that right! One of these, which is about the size of a fun sized sweet/candy bar, has exactly 0.4 g net carbs. That means you could eat FIVE of them and use just two carbs of your daily total! Seriously I'm not recommending you do eat five in one go, and I would doubt you would want to ... they are really rich.

Make them in your favourite chocolate shape molds such as hearts or shells ... or another shape, the choice is yours. When made you will definitely want to keep them in the refrigerator, as they melt quite easily at room temperature.

However, these smooth, dark chocolate treats with the fruity flavour of port wine makes these low carb dark chocolate fat bombs the perfect way to end a meal. They will keep indefinitely in your freezer ... but just a reminder do not store at room temperature or they'll melt!

Ingredients
24 servings. You may get more or less depending on the size of your molds.
1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup Hershey's - or similar - Extra Dark cocoa
3 tablespoons powdered erythritol
2 tablespoons port wine
A few drops of liquid stevia if needed
How to make them, instructions can be found at Marye's 'Lowcarb-ology' blog here

If you should need help with weight/measurement conversion have a look
here

These can make a lovely treat for yourself, a good friend or loved one.



image from here

All the best Jan

20 comments:

JFM said...

They sure do look tempting Jan and tasty~

Have a Lovely Sunday~

Valerie-Jael said...

These look very yummy! Thank for haring, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now when you link port wine and dark chocolate I think you just increased your audience a thousandfold!

Sami said...

Being Portuguese I always have Port wine at home!!
I'll be making them tomorrow for sure! Thanks Jan.

Barbara said...

Hello Jan, I’m pretty sure there is a bottle of port wine in the cupboard, so I will definitely be trying these. They look absolutely delicious and there is nothing nicer than a low-carbohydrate treat! Thanks for sharing this and for the links.

Christine said...

would love to taste one!

Mary Kirkland said...

Those look interesting.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, anything with chocolate is my weakness, Jan!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I can only imagtion how they melt in your mouth...Coffee is on

sage said...

Oh, they sound good, too bad you have to keep them in the freezer, I'd love to have something like that to take outdoors!

Linda said...

I love chocolate, Jan! Thank you so much for sharing.

Carla from The River said...

Yes!!! I am loving this idea!
Thank You, for the love and prayers for our community.
XO

Margaret D said...

They look good and sound good.

DeniseinVA said...

Now that does sound delicious. Thanks Jan :)

The Happy Whisk said...

I love making my own chocolates. Pass on the wine, for me. Phew.

Lisa said...

Well they are a bit different.
But Hershey's, yuck!
Tried their chocolate and it's really not nice. Give me Cadbury any day!
Lisa x

Bob Bushell said...

Oh my, I can't wait 'till I have some.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Absolutely brilliant!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, thank you so much!! Big Hugs!