Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 May 2017

Even Italians are falling out of love with pasta: Sales have fallen by 2% due to growing trend of low-carb diets!

Even the Italians are giving up on pasta, mirroring a pattern seen in Britain, with the rise of 'carbophobia'.

One in four Italians – 23 per cent - say they are limiting the amount of spaghetti they eat for health reasons.

This matches the UK where carbohydrate consumption has been demonised because of an association with obesity.

A shift towards protein rich diets has seen sales of bread, pasta, potatoes and rice fall in Britain and other developed nations.

And even Italy, the home of spaghetti, fusilli, pappardelle, tagliatelle, linguine and ravioli, is seeing the carb backlash.

More on this story here.

Eddie

10 comments:

only slightly confused said...

Now THAT'S a shhocker lol.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Mama mia!

River said...

I'm finding it hard to cut back on pasta, I love the taste and texture, but I'm making the effort and eat only one pasta meal a week now, sometimes two if there were leftovers.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love pasta, homemade is my top pick. Yum.

Sami said...

That's interesting.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've cut my pasta by a lot as well.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I never heard that ginger can be used for motion sickness, I suffer from motion sickness

Debbie said...

i wish i could give up on pasta!!! interesting info on ginger!!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

This is a big shock!

Carol Blackburn said...

Gave up pasta and don't miss it. Have substituted zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash. Yum!