Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 August 2012

Scientists find new human species.


The discoveries suggests that at least three distinct species of humans co-existed in Africa.
The research adds to a growing body of evidence that runs counter to the popular perception that there was a linear evolution from early primates to modern humans.
The research has been published in the journal Nature.
The finds back the view that a skull found in 1972 is of a separate species of human, known as Homo lowcarbus anticus. The skull was markedly different to any others from that time. It had a relatively small brain and long flat face.
This find is the latest in a growing body of evidence that challenges the view that our species evolved in a smooth linear progression from our primate ancestors. Instead, according to Dr Meave Leakey of the Turkana Basin Institute in Nairobi, who led the research the find shows that there was a diversity early on in the evolution of our species.
"Our past was a diverse past," she told BBC News, "our species was evolving in the same way that other species of animals evolved. There was nothing unique about us until we began to make sophisticated stone tools."



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are reports of an old fossil living near the New Forest. He has been sighted in the distance and does not seem to bear any resemblance to our ancestors. Nobody has been able to put an age to him but common estimations are at least 3000 years old. Approach with caution as he has a foul mouth and is always in fighting mood.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..I'm guessing Charles Darwin WASN'T a low carber as surely his theory on evolution and natural selection would have documented 'Homo Lowcarbus Anticus';D

Paul

Lowcarb team member said...

"There are reports of an old fossil living near the New Forest."

Has jopar relocated then?

Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

"3000 years old"

Jeez I know lowcarbing can put years on our lives but this person is out to lunch. Not another dietition troll or carboholic !


Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"3000 years old"

"Jeez I know lowcarbing can put years on our lives but this person is out to lunch. Not another dietition troll or carboholic !"

Talking of dietitions guess who made a brief appearance over at DCUK!

Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

A blast from the past!

"Marz Barr, I can just imagine what a forum chat room would be like....


fergus: I'm loving low-carb right now!

ally5555: stop it fergus, it's not right!

fergus: I wonder if there's anything in the world better than low-carb!

ally5555: fergus, I'm sending you a baked potato in the post. Try to eat at least half of it.

fergus: NO ally! - don't send me a baked potato in the post. I don't want a baked potato!

ally5555: I had a low-carb patient in the other day. I force fed him with a potato.

fergus: You can't do that ally, it's not right!

ally5555: But I cured him fergus, now he's as right as rain!

fergus: I bet he's not, I bet he's fat and hyperglycemic!

ally5555: I'm putting a stamp on the potato now, I'll post it to you first thing in the morning.

fergus: ally, I've moved house and I've taped up my letterbox!

ally5555: Sit tight fergus, the carbs are on their way!

fergus: oh God"
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2876#p11121

Graham